“good hotel good location”
Review of San Jose Marriott

San Jose Marriott
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed there while I had training in San jose,
good location and the rooms are clean with starbucks inside the hotel,
good valet parking service expensive though
but we had so many issues though
1- receptionist made fun of my wife for no apparent reason
2-house keeping breaking the room on my wife and refusing to get out even though my wife made it clear not to enter the room and to go out
3-our room was not available when we checked in and they promised us to move to our room the following day which didn't happen except after 3 days

in the end and after escalating the issue with so many people we got upgraded to a Junior suite for the last 2 days

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mahmoud A
joelcosta67, Director of Sales at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you or the good review and comments that will help us in training our associates.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed over 30 nights at this hotel since July. The service from the staff has been excellent and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff at Tanq provides exceptional service and the selection and quality of the food is very good. I look forward to another 20 nights over the next few months.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the great review, we are proud to be your second home!

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Busy hotel but great service and very nice rooms. I was upgraded to a suite on my most recent trip and the space was decadent with a living room and seperate bedroom. The lounge is lively with good bar food or regular menus. Good variety of restaurants in walking distance, can easily valet the car and not need it until the next day. Highly recommend if you are in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thanh you for the excellent review.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've stayed at the Marriott San Jose quite a few times over the past few, as well as some other local hotels. As a Marriott Gold member, I tend to try and stay at Marriott properties. For downtown San Jose, this is probably the best choice.

The hotel is modern and clean, and the staff has always been very friendly and helpful, including the valet, concierge, bar, front desk, and lounge.

Views are great from the concierge lounge.... and nice outside area.

Not inexpensive.

Just a few "cons" to share:

1) the parking fee is a bit excessive at $29/day. Valet was very quick though in retrieving the car.

2) The concierge lounge begins tearing down breakfast the minute it is scheduled to end, sometimes even a few minutes before. It would be more appropriate to have perhaps let it remain for 5 or 10 minutes past the time scheduled to end......if it says 9:30 and I arrive at 9:28, still expecting to be able to enjoy it.

Will definitely stay again (and very soon)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PHLflyer S

Thank you for the great review and suggestions for improvement!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Marriott is always my hotel of choice whenever I travel with work and it hasn't failed me again. A number of colleagues recommended I stay at the Fairmont but I personally thought the Marriott was superb and will continue to stay here when in San Jose.

Staff were excellent. Extremely friendly and always willing to help.

Rooms are spacious, clean and well furnished. Had a king bed which was very comfortable and plenty of pillows.

Gym is good enough, with a number of cardio machines, resistance machines, cable crossover and dumb-bells.

Swimming Pool is excellent. My wife was with me on this particular trip and whilst I was working she was able to swim in the heated pool and enjoy the hot tub.

My only slight gripe was breakfast. During the week you have to order your breakfast selection in the restaurant and it's pretty slow (which is also a positive I suppose as you can see the chef's are cooking it fresh), but when you are in a hurry it's a bit of a pain. At the weekend a breakfast buffet is on offer and it would have been excellent if this would've been offered every day as I personally prefer it to ordering a set menu.

I wasn't there for a conference, but the hotel connects to the convention center next door so it's an ideal location. Hotel is also very near all the downtown San Jose restaurants and the 23/323 bus stops to take you to the shopping mall if thats your thing.

Excellent hotel, and definitely my choice next time I'm in San Jose.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had a good stay here and somehow scored a very good rate though the city was at capacity by the time my convention came around. My only complaint was that the WiFi wasn't included in any of the rooms, which these days seems pretty rare. Very convenient to the convention center.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've been a Marriott Rewards member for many, many years. Stayed at many different Marriott locations all over the world, and yet, none of them impressed me as much as this one did. And to top it all off, they did it in the midst of being a host hotel for the CA State Bar Convention - at full capacity. Everyone from check-in, to the concierge lounge, to the valet was friendly and had service to the customer as #1 on their list. I never saw anyone just standing around. Everyone was just waiting to be helpful and friendly. The staff went out of their way to check and make sure I was having a good experience. If you have to be in Downtown San Jose, I could not think of a better, more central location to place yourself. The view from the concierge lounge on the 26th floor is breathtaking. Valet service is prompt and friendly. I'd be back here in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm upset I didn't stay here the last time I was in San Jose last year.

Room Tip: As for a corner room if possible. Great views, lots of room.