“Very nice experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the San Jose Marriott for 6 nights, along with my colleagues. The hotel staff at the front desk, bellman desk, Tanq Bar, and my housekeeper were all very nice. Everyone was very responsive when I needed assistance. I was working and had some special requests. My housekeeper took really good care of me and even made suggestions about services the hotel offered that I was unaware of. The housekeeper noticed I was keeping my drinks cold with ice in a rubbish bin. She asked if I might prefer a small fridge. Then she made it happen licks try split!
My room was really spacious, everything worked well, my bed and pillow were very comfy and clean. I would be very happy to return to the San Jose Marriott.
I was on floor 11 facing the Saint Claire and there was a very good view.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

joelcosta67, Director of Sales at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for the great review and the love for our housekeepers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Berkeley, California
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our stay at the Marriot was very pleasant. The room and the service very professional and courteous. I probably would have enjoyed the ability to open the windows since I don't like air-conditioning at all.
I also found the music in the bar too loud.

Other than that, the stay was very pleasant.

Bozena

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your good review!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have been a Marriott customer and a Rewards member for over 30 years. This hotel needs an update and is not up to the standard I expect from Marriott. Most of my complaint is with the room itself. The mattress was not only past its prime it was worn out - you could feel the springs when you laid down and it did not provide proper support for sleeping. Even the pillows were worn out, lumpy, etc. In short we did not get a single good nights sleep in this room.

Likewise the chair in the room was worn out. You could also fell the springs when sitting and the the support was gone as you sunk way down and had to struggle to get up.

The furniture was outdated and did not provide enough dresser drawers for clothes.

The bath was out of date. Small counter, towel storage was on a cheap chrome rack on the wall in the bath tub. No small shelves, etc around sink to place toiletries, etc.

There was no concierge desk in the hotel. The front desk staff did their best when asked about restaurants and reservations but the were not concierge's and could not provide recommendations. When trying to make a reservation they went on-line to Open Table instead of calling the restaurant directly.

I will continue my loyalty to Marriott but this particular hotel is in great need of an update.

1 Thank John W
joelcosta67, Director of Sales at San Jose Marriott, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your honest review. We are a ten year old hotel and our complete renovation is scheduled to start next June. We do hope you'll return to see us in a new light.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hotel was comfortable, but I've been in nicer Marriotts in other cities. Public spaces were nice, but the rooms were just a little tired - if I had to guess, they're probably due for an update soon. Location connected to the convention center is excellent, however, if you're there for a convention, as we were. Staff was very nice, and accommodating. When we checked in for 6 nights and found they'd assigned us a room next to an elevator, they were very cordial about meeting my immediate request to be relocated to a quieter room.

Green Features: Crazy - they hang the signs in the bathroom inviting you to leave your towels hanging up if you're willing to use them again, which we did, and they replaced all the towels anyway, both of the first 2 nights. After that, we stopped bothering to hang them back up....
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

You guessed right! The hotel is just turning ten years old and our complete renovation will start next June. We hope you'll return to see us again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights for group meetings, went very well. "Group food" buffets were not too bad, I was satisfied. Gym was good. They've added a coffee shop in the lobby area which was great. The front desk staff & concierges were friendly & helpful. This hotel is in a good location as well. Rooms were clean and well maintained, comfortable beds as well. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lee_C_B_TO
Thank you for the very nice review!
Dallas
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Disappointing for a Marriott. All I can say is my Marriott Courtyard in Calgary was nicer than this hotel. The San Jose hotel was ok but nothing special. Guest room room service plates left outside rooms for 24 hours need I say more? As a Platinum guest I was very disappointed with the Executive Lounge. Overall, the hotel was nothing special.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your constructive comments that will help us provide better service.
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I love the Marriotts , and this Marriott was def amazing!!!! Had a great stay. Staff was accomodating and friendly and the location is perfect. The hotel is the quality of a Ritz Carlton. I will def be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We so appreciate the great review, especially the RC reference, Our amazing General Manager was with Ritz Carlton and he is also up for an industry Legend award with the Professional Conference Management Association this year. The awards are this Thursday, wish us luck!