San Jose Marriott
$329
Courtyard
The Westin San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$419
Westin.com
$269
$264
$235
  • Restaurant
Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$159
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$144
La Quinta
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$200
$159
Hilton San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$545
Hilton.com
$329
Fairmont.com
$335
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centercorner roomvalet parkingattending an eventwould stay here againtech museumroom servicevalet servicefront desk staffdowntown arearooms are nicelight railbusiness tripenjoyed my staybusiness travelersilicon valley
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Marriott in downtown is nicely located - lots to do in the area and much of it within walking distance. Good amount of bars, both gay and straight, are just on the other side of the block. San Pedro Market Square is about a 10-15 minute walk .

The hotel itself is decently appointed, pretty clean and not bad if you're looking for a quick stay. There's a small pool and a gym area. I thought the nice thing about the pool facility was that it had handicap equipment. Service is pretty standard for a Marriott and there's a convenient bar attached to the property (although the drinks aren't the cheapest).

Downside of this hotel is that they nickel and dime you for everything. Parking is $29/day and in-room wi-fi requires a charge. I undertand the charge for parking but dose it have to be that much? And, since when does a hotel in Silicon Valley not have free wifi? Last I checked it was 2013.

Basically the only reason I stayed here was because I got a special wedding-guest rate. Unless you have to be in the immediate area, I'd first check out other properties.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lawrence P
joelcosta67, Director of Sales at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Lawrence thank you for letting us know about your stay. Sorry to hear that the additional charges made your otherwise pleasant stay less that perfect. Unfortunately in a downtown environment parking is at a premium and ours is city owned and operated by an outside company. Our overnight charge is commensurate with our other competitors downtown. Marriott as a company is rolling out a new Wi-Fi structure where there will be a free option. We plan to have it by the end of the year. In addition, downtown San Jose just activated one of the largest Wi-Fi networks with the highest bandwidth of any city in the world. It is totally free, uninterrupted and without advertisements. I hope you'll try it on another visit to downtown.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying at the San Jose Marriott for the past 3 consecutive FanimeCons and I have to say - those poor elevators!

The hotel itself is directly adjacent to the McEnery Convention Center, which for congoers is an ideal, ideal location. However, it also works against it, as there are times when the wait for an elevator can take up to 15-20 minutes at any given time.

In spite of all of this, it's clean (although I did notice after the third day of my stay that the throw pillows on my bed were quite dirty and my sheets were torn), the front desk are friendly and Arcadia (their in-house restaurant) serves some fairly decent, albeit pricey fare.

All in all, not a bad place. Is it the best Marriott I've ever stayed at? Nope. Would I stay here again? Yep.

• Stayed: May 2013
joelcosta67, Director of Sales at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

CarrotMiku, thank you for the honest and valuable feedback. We especially thank you for your sympathy for our hard working elevators. We are so proud to be a part of FanimeCon each year and unfortunately the building can only support the elevators we were constructed with. Please no all your comments have been followed up on by our operations team. We look forward to welcoming you back next year if not sooner.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

While the hotel is in a good location for attending an event at the convention center, you can do much better at the Hilton the Fairmont hotel. I have stayed at both repeatedly and enjoyed my stay every time. While attending an event with my daughter (and staying at the Marriott), I called down to the front desk at 2am after hearing yelling in the hallways off and on for two hours. As there was a big convention, with many kids, this is to be somewhat expected. I was assured by the man on the phone that hotel security was going to each of the floors to monitor things. Ten minutes later, I get a knock on my door by a non employee who refused to identifiy himself. He stated loudly thought the door "do you want to make a noise complaint or not?" As a woman traveling alone with a child, I became fearful and called down to the front desk (I would not open my door at t
2am to ANYBODY). I was told that it the person knocking on my door was not an employee, rather he worked for the convention, and yet obviously the hotel had shared my information with him! I spent the rest of the night wide awake a nervous wreck. The desk clerk on the phone kept stating it was not the hotel's fault I leave it it you, dear reader, to decide. Next year you will find me at the Hilton or the Fairmont. Marriott, you are not a safe hotel for women traveling alone.

Room Tip: Choose the Fairmont or the Hilton instead
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank L W

L W thank you for your posting. The convention in our hotel was also at the Hilton and the Fairmont. These large conventions with youthful attendees can cause issues as you have described. We have heard that some rowdy conventioneers were knocking on doors and saying similar words to other guests and we apologize for this situation and the fact that you were unable to enjoy a peaceful evening in your room. I would like to discuss this with you further at your convenience, please feel free to contact me at 408-278-4466.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel was nicely decorated, clean, and the staff was very helpful in finding touristy things to do or printing out directions. We stayed here for an event and found that everything we needed was in walking distance. One day, we rented a car and took a drive up into the redwood forests and the same day, went to the beach! One nice surprise - the room service food was amazing! My daughter still talks about the steak and potatoes she ate there!

Room Tip: The views from the higher room are amazing of the mountains - the trade off is, the elevators are very slow.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelwriter2000

travelwriter2000 thank you for the great review. We are very proud of our room service. Our kitchen is the same for our award winning restaurant Arcadia-a Michael Mina Steakhouse. We feel it is important for all the food and beverage in the hotel to be as good as the restaurant. We hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The property is great and in a perfect location for us. The room was very nice but, unfortunately, lacked a refrigerator. Views were wonderful from the 15th floor and it was cool to watch planes come in for landing at San Jose Airport. Got an awesome rate for a Saturday night stay that included parking.

I booked a room about a week in advance for a Saturday night stay but needed a room for Friday night as well. I called the property directly and inquire a couple of times about room availability and it was finally suggested that I call Friday at 6-6:30PM for room availability. I called and explained the situation about three times to the lady on the phone before she finally "got it". They did have a room but the rate was triple the rate for Saturday so I declined a room for Friday night.

On Saturday morning I went to check in and was told that my reservation was for Friday and that I had already been charged for no show. I produced my confirmation number and email and showed her what I had reserved. She attempted to straighten it out but when I went to checkout still had two nights worth of charges on my bill which required a trip to the front desk to get it straightened out. It's a bit frustrating and I expect more at a Marriott property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
joelcosta67, Director of Sales at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Jim, thank you for your review. We were sorry to hear that you were not able to get a refrigerator? We actually have some upon request. They are popular. We actually will be putting refrigerators in very room in our upcoming renovation next year. We were also sorry to hear about your frustrating reservation experience. Trust that it will be looked into and hopefully can provide a future learning for our staff.