“All good”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Taipei, Taiwan
“All good”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I only stayed a night in this hotel. Good location downtown and the room was nice and clean. Fairly spacious & beds were comfy. The hotel lobby has free wifi. Check-in was quick and the staff were courteous. No complaints!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early January and everything was fine. Room was nice, bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Everything was clean and orderly. Front desk was courteous and valet was prompt ($26 for overnight parking with in/out privileges). It has a great location in town; walking distance to most everything. Normally I would give this hotel a "very good" rating except for one thing.

They don't have enough elevators. On a Friday night, with lots of people going back and forth in the hotel the wait for an elevator was impossible. After exhausting my patience waiting for an elevator with a large number of other guests I went over and asked the front desk where the stairs were. Without even so much as a twitch he gave me directions to a set of stairs. This leads me to believe that he frequently must give directions to the stairs. There were about a dozen people with me climbing the stairs to their rooms. Mine was on the tenth floor.

I don't know if this is common, but keep it in mind if you're planning on staying here. If I ever get another chance to stay there, I'll give them another try, but I'll be asking about it for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rick W
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Being Two employees of a major 5 Diamond resort we expected much better than we received...this particular Marriott was indeed very clean however the service was average & mundane..we had to move to a different room by no fault of the hotel due to a chain smoker in the adjacent room...the hotel is a Non smoking hotel I might add..at any rate the front desk attendant was the ONLY employee who exceeded the 5 star service...it was her alone that saved her co-workers in their lack of service...having no choice but to use their valet & be charged as well I must say it was horrible at best...I in fact am in charge of a valet staff of 100+ and I know 5 star/diamond service & that is what we achieve on a daily basis...for the price & rating of this establishment we regret to say that it was by far well below the set standards & our expectations...we are hoping that this experience will not be the same with other Marriott resorts since we are frequent travelers & perhaps may stay in another Marriott...we hope this review assists others & hopefully opens the eyes of the Management & employees of the San Jose Marriott on Market Street.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank LuluSiefert
Squamish, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My stay at the Marriott was unintentional. My connecting flight out of San Fran was cancelled and the Air NZ could not get me on a flight until the next day. So I, along with many other passengers, was bussed out to San Jose to stay here. The staff were excellent, very quickly checking in many angry passengers and informing us (far more information than the airline could give) the plans for the following day.

The rooms were a decent size and very functional. I ordered room service and it came very quickly and was delicious.

The bed was very comfortable and even with the stress of my delayed journey, I managed to sleep very well and did not stir until my wakeup call.

The only thing I was not a fan of was that Wi-fi was not included. As I am sure many travellers know, this hotel is not alone in this charge, however I feel that in this modern day it should be part of any hotels features.

All in all a great hotel and if I ever had to stay in San Jose again I would not hesitate to come here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Everything as expected, clean and friendly service. At the beginning, the staff tried to charge me parking fee and claimed third party will always need to charge parking, but when I showed her my booking email from hotel.com showing free parking, she waived the fee. Not sure what exactly happened, but problem resolved, no complains.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BruleSioux
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Nice place; As others have commented, their is a strong smell of a scent when you come in. It is pleasant, but it is very strong. The rooms were clean, large and up to date. The staff was accomodating and they were very pleasant and helpful when checking in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Huhner
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed at the San Jose Marriott for four nights and had a very pleasant experience. Not even the grout in the shower bothered me. Seriously, the rooms are clean, cheerful, well appointed, pleasantly furnished. I had a view of the pool and construction on the convention center. I dislike hotels intensely but cannot fault this hotel for anything other than the fact that the air is artificial, the food is limited, expensive and disgustingly non-healthy, and the sound effects of constant bad music is enough to drive one crazy. But if you need a hotel to attend a conference on the Convention Center then this is your best bet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business