“We love Opa's Salads & Fries”

Opa! Authentic Greek Cuisine
Ranked #54 of 2,232 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We 3 had greek salads of sorts and as portions were huge, I could not finish mine, which was a very simple but tasty ceasar salad of mainly endives, served with feta cheese and chopped olives drizzled with lemon and oil. I could taste fragrant bits of bacon somewhere - but ever so subtle which made the salad really yummy! Our main was their special fries which is cooked in garlic oil. Just remember to shake your fries that come in a paper cup on a stand for those crumbly bits of feta to surface and mingle with the fries for that burst of dee-li-cious!!!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great Gyro, great service. A menu that has something for everyone. the only thing bad is that the seating area is small and can get quite loud. The food is so good that you are willing to oversee those faults. fries are really good.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We dined at Opa because my husband was given a gift certificate. We had never been there. We didn't experience the parking or seating difficulties mentioned by other reviewers because we visited between lunch and dinner hours. We loved the zucchini chip appetizer. Yummy! We enjoyed our entrees (seafood pita/kabobs) too. Portions large enough to share.

1  Thank kerwin0959
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've been to this restaurant a number of times, tried different items each time, and every dish left me wanting to eat way too much because it was soooo good. Every item is enough for at least 2 people, including the appetizers. In fact, after ordering the Opa! Fries to share with someone, I wished I hadn't ordered any food because the fries to share were enough for a meal. But then again, I had to at least try the Pasticio that we ordered and then promptly have it boxed to go. It came with a Horiataki Salad on the side. That meal ended up being 3 left over meals. I've had Spanakopita, Keftedes, Fiery Feta Dip, Greek Lemon Soup, Lamb Souvlaki, Gyro Pita, and the Greek Burger. I've never tried any desserts because, frankly, there's just no room for it in my belly. I'm always taking some of my meal home. This restaurant is wonderful. It's cozy and you feel like you're in Greece. There are two tables outside for when the weather is nice…which is a lot. If I would eat there as much as I would like, I'd be certain to gain many unwanted pounds.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

A local place that claims to have Greek food but what we sampled wasn't like any I've ever had. The Moussaka and Pastitico came completely smothered in a white sauce, like gravy on mashed potatoes...........and it was tasteless. Once the sauce was pushed away, both the Moussaka and Pastitico were bad-complete lack of flavor.....no spice, no lamb or beef taste, the eggplant wasn't completely cooked. The accompanying Greek salads were fine - the usual ingredients but nicely done and fresh. If you really crave Greek, try Kokkari in San Francisco- the most delicious, mouth watering Moussaka this side of Athens.