“Do not order their Thanksgiving dinner take-out”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Buca di Beppo
Ranked #688 of 2,173 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Santa Theresa Boulevard
“Do not order their Thanksgiving dinner take-out”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This restaurant almost ruined our Thanksgiving dinner!!! Do not go there (at least not for Thanksgiving take-outs).

So this is what happened....

Couple days before Thanksgiving, we ordered the $89.95 package to-go dinner that serves 6 people. On the day of the Thanksgiving when my family went to picked up the to-go, we found out this is what they gave to us:

- ONLY 7 PIECES OF White Meat Turkey (WTF, and they claimed this is for 6 people).
- LOTS of gravy/cranberry sauce, but with tiny portion of meat, what I am gonna eat with ?? You expect me to drink it ?!
- THEY FORGOT to give us mashed potatoes, we had to go back and complain in order to get it
- Pathetic tiny portion of Green beans, it's like.......1.5 cup...? We also had to go back and argue for that.

After we drove back and argue with them, all they did was giving us more beans and mash potatoes. This is what we paid for $89,95?? REDICULOUS!!!

At first we were all panic and thought our dinner was ruined, then I rushed to Fresh& Easy (thank god it was open) and grab an uncooked turkey to cook by ourselves. fortunately our last minute turkey turned out to be perfect. The meat was juicy and tender, WAY BETTER than the 7 pieces of meat we got from Buca......

Anyway, lessons learned, I'm so disappoint of Buca di beppo, and the restaurant should feel luck that I didn't yell at them to demand our money back.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Teresa H

“Plenty of good food”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

As a traveler I have been consistently pleased with the food and service at this restaurant chain. The restaurants are all decorated a little bit differently but the food is consistently excellent! My husband and I share a salad and a main dish and always have leftovers. We've tried almost every salad and they are all very good. We have had the pizza and pasta dishes and have to force ourselves to try something different and are never disappointed. I wish we had one where we lived!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Linda B
“Amazing Family Style Restaurant”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Keeps the old traditional Italian-family style cuisine. There are only two options on the menu: Regular or Large. And believe me that's all you need. If you are going by yourself, you better be hungry. Best for 2 minimum, and if you do, just two items max should do. One is enough! Great place to have a group, little get-together, or family. Great food! Oh... I'm full. haha

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Da_Father
Hollister, California
“Family atmosphere”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited with 3 children 5 adults. Family oriented restraunt, great food ,great value..large bowls of.food can feed at least 3 people.we got several small bowls and all shared. So much fun. Loved tour of kitchen before dinner

Santa Clara, California
“Best Italian restaurant”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Try their in house bread and the bruschetta, been to many Italian restaurants in the bay area but Bucca is my first choice !

Visited February 2012

Been to Buca di Beppo? Share your experiences!