“Cold room, greasy food and overpriced”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Santa Theresa Boulevard
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Some peole rave about this chain. but I had a completely negative experience. Even though it was in the 40s outside, the air conditioning was running. Finally the airt was turned off. The food arrived in a rush -- no time to eat the first course before the next arrived. The squid was greasy and salty. The paste had little taste, and the meal was over priced. Do not recommend.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

First of all, the food was very good and I would give this particular location a second chance. I have been to a couple of other Buca di Beppos (near Phoenix and in Frisco, Texas) and the experience there was different than the one my husband and I had at the Oakridge Mall location. My husband and son had never been to any Bucas before and I was hoping that it would be a lot of fun for them.. In the past when I've gone, they take you around to show you the kitchen and just make it a real fun experience. At this location, we were just quietly shown to our seat and then waited for almost 10 minutes before our waiter showed up. He was very nice and apologized for the wait. He got part of our order wrong so we had to wait for about another 10 minutes for one of our entrees. The good news is that the food is plentiful and tastes really good. We didn't have room to have dessert, but in the past, the tiramisu was wonderful!

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I liked the place. It was located right off of the interstate and right next to 4 other good restaurants. We went in the afternoon on Thanksgiving Day and ordered their Thanksgiving meal...turkey, gravy, mashed potatos, green beans, stuffing and cranberry sauce, plus their regular bread. The turkey was a little dry, the stuffing was the worst thing (dry and mostly soft croutons), the beans were waxy and oily but the gravy and potatos were great! What it lacked in food it more than made up for in fantastic service, great atmosphere and overall kindness of the employees. We even got a quick minute tour thru the kitchen on our way to our booth in the bar. I'm sure their regular food would have been much better. I will definitely go back to try again!

3  Thank djz032070
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Real home-made sauces and pasta, no airs, real food, good service, very good prices. Watch it: the portions are HUGE!

Reviewed January 7, 2011

I love the food..I got amazed with lots of pics describing Italy...The price is also reasonable..I will go back there and recommendable to my friends :)

Been to Buca di Beppo? Share your experiences!