“A Proven Family Hotel!”

HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just spent an extended weekend here with my family and we had a great time. Location is ideal with numerous stores and restaurants within walking distance. Short ride to Santana Row which is always a plus. Our 2-bedroom room was very, very clean, quiet and had everything we needed. The kitchenette comes with a full-size refrigerator and numerous kitchen utensils. The breakfast (included with the room) is not your typical continental breakfast. Hot items include scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and oatmeal. Cold items include cereal, fruit, yogurt and a variety of juices. There is a omelette station where they will make you a customized omelette but unfortunately they only have 1 person at the station making for a l-o-n-g wait -- approximately 30 minutes. So although it is a good draw to have an omelette station they really need to add one more person to help provide an efficient station. The pool is a good size .. not super large but definitely large enough. The pool is heated so it wasn't freezing cold. I really wish there was a hot tub. All-in-all great hotel and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Imelda V
There are newer reviews for HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Reviewed May 18, 2014

While visiting San Jose for business, my company booked me the Hyatt which is 5m away from my corporate office. I didn't have expectations at first, but I was quite impressed by how new the hotel was. I arrived, and had no room ready(overbooked)and had to wait for a few hours, so I jumped outside for lunch. Plenty of restaurants outside to grab a bite for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Target chain store 2m away, CVS chain infront of the hotel and a very nice supermarket across from the hotel. Coffee bean....Verizon, sprint, hairdressers...whatever you need is right there. The hotel provides parking which is extremely convenient. The room was very comfy with all the facilities(wish I had a tub and not just a shower). Breakfast was very nice, with a neat omelet stand where you can build your eggs with whatever you want. A nice assortment of dishes to choose from, including several types of coffee's, juices, cereals, tea's, water..etc'. I just wish they had vegetables for breakfast as well. The tiny H market as they call it can save you, if you want a snack, drink or essentials and is open 24 hours a day(expensive). There's a fitness center which I didn't have time to use, and even a pool table next to the bar. Outside, there's a tiny pool if you choose to use it. The staff was very attentive and helpful in whatever you need. From packages coming in, helpful advice on where to go, etc'. Paper comes in every day, TV was awesome to watch at night before falling asleep and room was always clean the day after. The only thing that drove me nuts was the WIFI. It couldn't handle the load of all the guests, as I was told more than once too many subscribers are logged in. Lucky me, I've had AT&T prepaid card with Data. And when I was logged on, the network was extremely slow. The subscription ends every 12/24 hours and you have to logon again(which is completely understandable). However, this is a business hotel and the wireless bandwidth should be accordingly. I've had much work and conversations disconnected because of it. I chose to come to San Jose while there was a heatwave, and the AC couldn't seem to handle the heat during the day as the room was above the regular room temperature. Other than that, the stay was very nice. Thank you very much!

Room Tip: Try to go for a kitchen or tub in the room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank cybrosh
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel seems fairly new. The lobby and rooms were modern and clean. I am picky about cleanliness, and the room was clean.

I don't remember the internet in the room being particularly fast or slow, so I will say it was average, or perhaps a bit above average.

The included breakfast was reasonable, although it would be nice if there were a few more options. I was in a hurry though, so perhaps I missed it. I usually like some yogurt and I didn't see any.

The parking situation is a bit strange. I parked in the strip-mall parking lot, and they gave me a parking pass. Apparently there is a parking garage behind the hotel.

There are several options for meals in the same shopping center and a Leaf & Bean for morning coffee. There is also a super-market that specializes in fresh/organic food.

The only problem I had was that my room was on the side of the shopping center and at night the glow of the parking lot lights came in through the sheer curtain. Closing the opaque current helped.

I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again (in fact I tried too because it was located very convenient to where I was working, however they didn't have availability). I suppose the difficulty in getting a room is another drawback.

Room Tip: Choose a room next to the street to avoid the glow of the parking lot lights.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have stayed at the Hyatt House in San Jose (and the Santa Clara location) and love them both. The San Jose location is my fav since it is closer to my work and has many restaurants nearby within walking distance. This visit was just as nice as prior visits. Room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. Wifi was fast and was reliable. The hotel has a bar that also serves food and in mornings there is breakfast. The food was also still very good. There is still nothing I would complain about. I think the only suggestion I would make to management is to include little creamers with the room coffee bar rather than the powdered stuff and maybe some different teas. But seriously - no complaints. I do plan to stay there again when in SJ for business. Also they were great about letting me check in early after long day on plane - 3 hours early. Thank you Hyatt House!

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in have been great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank dmacbean
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Look, its a Hyatt House. But the place is new and well appointed. Very nice free breakfast including made-to-order omelets and more selection than you'd normally see (eggs, two kinds of meat, potatoes, pancakes, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, etc). Free Wi-Fi is a bit slow (1.5Mbps at MOST before you hit peak time). Beds very nice. Full size fridge. Stove top. Microwave. Ice on odd-numbered floors by the elevator (shocker!). Electrical outlets by the bedside. Nice location next to shopping. My desk chair was oddly short so I had to put two full pillows on top to reach a reasonable height. Unique to this room? Significantly more expensive than the perfectly nice Hyatt House in Santa Clara though. All four pillows were identical and too thick for my taste, but I'm sure they'd fix that if you asked.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Fanfoot
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great deal, very homey. Large variety at breakfast, though potatoes and sausage were a little stale and scrambled eggs were greasy. And no covered walkway to parking garage if it rains. You can see I don't have much to complaint about :).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 1, 2014

A favourite in Silicon Valley. The breakfast selection could be improved.
The shower sometime had an unexpected behaviour (low pressure of water flow).

My score:

#4 of 75 in San Jose
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
#3 of 32 in Santa Clara

Been to HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!