“A pleasant stay”

Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Stockholm, Sweden
“A pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

A favourite in Silicon Valley. The breakfast selection could be improved.
The shower sometime had an unexpected behaviour (low pressure of water flow).

My score:
Elevator: 5
Free morning newspaper: 5

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MikaelB56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
los angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Good location. Grocery, pharmacy, shopping are all within walking distance. Check in is quick. ample hotel parking space next to the hotel. Room is not big but adequate and clean. Breakfast buffet is good but as noted by one of the review, food was not kept warm enough. They do have a made to order omelette station which is fresh and hot. Service is average, I saw one guest asked for refill of fruit plate but it seemed too take forever as the server continue to refill other items which had not run out instead of taking care of the fruit plate which is empty. Management should pay more attention to such details.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our family of four stayed here for three nights between Christmas and new year while visiting relatives in San Jose. The hotel was in a great location, with Safeway, restaurants, banks all within walking distance in the same square. The decor and ambient was unpretentious but functional. The check in and out was fast and hastle free. We make a booking by expedia but decided to check in a day earlier. We turned out the night without reservation but they offered us the same room for the whole stay despite two separate bookings.

The room with kitchenette was spacious and comfortable. There is a separate sink area outside the bathroom making it very convenient for family. It comes even with a dishwasher!

Parking was easy and free, wifi was fast and free. Breakfast was included, it cones with juices and freshly cooked ommlettes.

This is the second time we are staying here and we will continue to stay here for all future visits.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank anaest
Ibiza, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Jetlagged and with a painful pinched nerve I needed a comfortable rest before visiting friends in San Jose. I have no complaints and I was very happy with the facilities. I stayed in my room, microwaved dinner (I know - but I was in pain), went online, watched a bit of TV, took my painkillers and slept like a lamb. As a Brit I found it easy to find and easy to get back on 101 to visit my friends. Staff helpful, breakfast good. Parking simple. For one night alone it was wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Dave C
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We arrived by cab - that could not accept Visa, we had no cash.....the front desk would NOT give us an advance to charge to room to pay for the cab. Fortunately a business colleague was nearby the front desk and handed over a $20!

The Front desk was courteous, we were roomed in to a room that had a cracked sink, cracked floor tiles (that one could cut their feet on if not careful) , and had two HVAC UNITS right outside the window. I immediately called the front desk to ask for a quieter room, and was told there was nothing available and we could be waitlisted. Fortunately given my experience I was relentless and went downstairs to the front desk to advise the room would not be suitable given that I had specifically requested a quiet room.
The gentleman Rene was very accommodating and offered several choices. ( it was bewildering the female desk agent working with him just couldn't be bothered obviously.) Dont work in the industry unless you like to make sure your guests are accommodated well.
We were re-roomed into another room that was very nice, but the floor was not well cleaned and I used a wash cloth to wipe under the vanity and in corners to get rid of previous guests hairs. This doesn't creep me out but it is irritating when paying premium conference pricing for a hotel room that isn't cleaned well.

Breakfast was included in the rate, while it was bountiful, none of it was very hot. I would question food-safe ness of this but stayed with the Fruit and yogurt.

We ate outside of the hotel mostly, but the free bananas on the buffet were appreciated as a take-away.
I would stay here again but be specific with a reservations agent about my requests when reserving.

1 Thank ACNGUY
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've stayed many times at this hotel, clean, nice service, overall very good, but this time I woke up with multiple bites in my body. when I showed out I asked for the manager and showed her some photos, she apologize and told me they allow dogs in the bedrooms and maybe these were fleas!
later that day they had a company checking and they called me confirming they were fleas.. nasty! and that they would take care of my dry cleaning, etc. Even when the manager acted as expected, it is very discouraging knowing they allow dogs and they have fleas...

7 Thank Vtostado
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a nice modern clean business hotel, I'd certainly stay here again if in the area. It's a great location near the freeway and so many large IT businesses, but is also in a small shopping centre so their is plenty of parking either there, or in the free multi-storey carpark behind the hotel. Free WiFi is also great, though should be expected these days I guess. Breakfast was very good, the only disappointing thing is dinner, there were only a couple of items on the menu and the one I had while being tasty was almost certainly microwaved hot. There are lots of fast food places and grocery stores in the carpark though if you want to venture out.

1 Thank Phil_2547