“Tip trick-check your receipts”
Review of Pho Bel-Air

Pho Bel-Air
Ranked #81 of 2,310 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I really liked the food in this hole-in-the-wall place. I had a nice late dinner for about $12. I charged to my Visa and left a $2.50 tip as well. When I got my statement, my charge for meal plus tip was there, in addition to a separate charge for another $2.50. This has happened to me three times recently (twice at other restaurants). It's not so much the $2.50 as it is being ripped off. When I called the restaurant, the response was almost too automatic- they wanted details and sure enough credited back the charge. There was no apology, no explanation, etc. Made me think this was not the first time.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Loved the spring rolls and seafood rice dish. Yummy.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Pho Viet is actually a local chain of at least three Pho shops up and down North First Street in San Jose, California. They have excellent Pho. Besides excellent taste, one of my measures of excellent Pho is how much fat is floating atop the broth in a chicken or seafood Pho. Pho Viet serves up very little fat. Not greasy. Just great taste.

For an extra special treat, try the watermelon boba drink. Exquisite.

1  Thank Steven L
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Clean and friendly and brilliant value for money. I really enjoyed the place and the food. No beer!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I go to Viet Pho on First Street with co-workers all the time. The place is very clean compared to normal Pho places in the bay area. Staff is very friendly. Food always served fast.

I like the veggie pho and their fresh rolls are the best - the veggie spring roll is my favorite. Would definitely recommend this place.

Been to Pho Bel-Air? Share your experiences!