“Beautiful Cathedral”

Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
Ranked #7 of 138 things to do in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1876, this church serves the oldest parish in San Jose.
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Lovely place to celebrate Mass. Have done a fine restoration job. Each time we have been here, we are glad we went. Beautiful stained glass and a great place for first communion & confirmation celebrations.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a tour, which is offered for free. Our docent told us lots of history of the church. It is a beautiful Cathedral.

2  Thank travlingal51
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Reminds me of the old town I grew up in the Philippines, Our Lady of Manaoag. Beautiful architecture and peaceful despite the noise in downtown SJC. It is a small one yet gorgeous!

2  Thank Moon-n-d-sky
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This Cathedral was BEAUTIFUL!!! As a Catholic, I've been to many beautiful Catholic churches, and this was one of them. Though, they did not have kneelers. I'm not sure if this is standard in churches in the Diocese of San Jose. Still, it was a nice place to worship on a Sunday morning.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I am not Catholic, bu I enjoy the beauty of the church. We visited on a weekday and there was an elderly nun that took the time to explain the history of the Church. It was like a free tour. Happy we stopped in

2  Thank Darryl S