“The Best Bakery in the Area”
Review of Bijan Bakery

Bijan Bakery
Ranked #3 of 55 Bakeries in San Jose
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Located adjacent to The Fairmont, this is a great bakery with free wifi. Besides the wifi, they have a great assortment of continental breakfast goods for sale. They had a yogurt parfait, fresh fruit cup, pastries and yes, quiche!!! The quiche was homemade and it was the perfect size for me. They have a wide assortment of hot teas and while I am not a coffee drinker, they had alot of customers buying coffee.

I also tried their small cookies which were tasty and not too big. I ate there for breakfast everyday I was at The Fairmont. This place will not disappoint. I look forward to going back again. I wish they had a bakery down in SoCal where I live.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

At first sight, this place looks incredible. The location is convenient and there seems to be endless options for pastries. We tried the croissants, which were rather dry, and cappuccinos, which were nothing memorable and took a long time. The ambiance is the most disappointing. The coolers are loud and overbearing, especially since there is no music playing. It feels more like a cafeteria and is definitely not a place I would want to sit, sip, and chat. I left feeling uninspired.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This place has a great location. Because of that, I tend to stop by pretty often. But the bakery is just so-so although the presentation is pretty good. The service is disorganized. Maybe they need a second register. When workers look like they're working hard but it takes forever to get a cup if coffee, I blame management. All in all it feels more like a workplace cafeteria than a high end bakery/coffee shop. Are they still handing out plastic utensils and paper plates?

Anyway, today I left after a long wait for a quick cup of coffee and remembered Caffe Frascatti is a short walk away. I should have gone there first. Of Starbucks. Or Cafe Too. Or the coffee shop at the library. Or Philz. Or...

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have been to both locations and love their Tea Cookies and many others, as well as the cakes. You will not be disappointed with anything you choose from here, coffee, hot chocolate, and pastries. The food and beverages are all great.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Outstanding French pastry. Best croissants I've had in years. A bit noisy in there from the fans and the coolers.