“Switch & Bait - also NOTHING fusion, totally bland”
Review of Mosaic

Mosaic
Reserve with OpenTable
Mosaic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: San Carlos
Reviewed August 10, 2012

First off it is over priced for the value of the cooking. Lacks flavor, badly slacks seasoning, nothing fusion about this place, and my friends all thought the portions were rather small despite claim of family sized. Server tried to tell us prior to order how large the plates were, not true. Also menu does not state how all is al a carte and I was charged an additional $4 for a spoonful of white rice with my already over priced undersized not at all fusion simple curry dish. My sauce tasted like a premade frozen food curry sauce but WITH LESS flavor!

I also I explained that I had a severe food allergy to a particular ingredient, server swore it was not in the dish. I ended up with an allergic reaction within 1 hour of meal and it was all I ate today so it was clear!

Device guy only once came by to ask if we needed desserts. Not once checked during meal, did not refill water, etc.

The locale was OK. But not standing out among the many Asian inspired clubs, bars, and restaurants in the neighborhood. The outside court is nice but immediately adjacent to parking lot and chain smoking staff or folks drinking in front of entrance.

My meal was worse than a $6 fast food Asian place. I had more "fusion" inspired flavorful frozen Lean Cuisine meals!!

There are newer reviews for Mosaic

Reviewed August 6, 2012

It was more a bar type food. They had some Asian dishes but they also had bar pub food like quesidillas, nachos, pizza, etc..

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great hotel restaurant. Friendly people and AMAZING whiskey/bourbon selection.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Back in November 2011, an online coupon appeared on my email for $25 worth $50 at Mosaic in downtown San Jose, CA. My husband and I enjoy eating out, and are always looking for new places to try. We decided to eat there last night, for my birthday dinner. We were unable to locate any menus online, but found out it was an Asian-Fusion place. We started off with appetizers: the calamari, stuffed cream cheese crab wontons, and gyoza (all excellent) with cocktails. We happened to have dinner during happy hour, which meant appetizers were half off ($6-$7) and our martinis were $8 compared to $12. The drinks were delicious! Happy Hour was from 3-7pm.

We decided to order traditional Chinese style, so with our individual bowls of rice, we shared our entrees of Honey Walnut Prawns (the shrimp were big and plump), orange chicken (big portion, but not my favorite), and Beef (very tender pieces of filet mignon with string beans-must have).

We were very satisfied with our meals, and to complete the evening, they gave me a birthday dessert of creme brulee (another must have). We were very pleased with our evening and when the bill arrived, minus the $50 voucher, our bill for 2 came out to be $60. Not bad for drinks, appetizers, dinner, and dessert for 2!

We will definitely go back! The best part, Camera 12 is literally across the street to see a movie after dinner. Thank you, Mosaic, for making my birthday special.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Not much to say. Breakfast was included in our room at the Four Points Hotel. Food was average at best. Menu prices seemed a bit high, but again, it was free. Would not have eaten here if I would have had to pay.