“Lunch with Friends”

Ranked #12 of 2,462 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cross Street: Stevens Creek
Description: Left Bank is an authentic Parisian-style brasserie located in San Jose's vibrant Santana Row, a place to see and be seen. Open since 2003, Left Bank transports guests to a quaint brasserie in Paris, where diners feast upon classic French cuisine in a charming brasserie setting along the boulevard, where people watching is at its best. Inside, the wonderful energy of an authentic French brasserie is in the air. The large, casual elegant main dining room offers everything from a family table of 20, to a quiet, romantic table for two. Our Happy Hour is the perfect time to join us for a bite and libation while on the patio or at the bar. The open exhibition kitchen provides onlookers a window into the magic our chefs create. Whether simply sipping a pastis or enjoying a full meal, diners capture the true feeling of the Rive Gauche in Paris.
Reviewed July 13, 2016

I had the ahi tuna salad. The flavors were wonderful and the ahi just seared...perfect. We sat on the patio outside which was lovely and we could all visit easily. We also shared a bottle of red wine which was very nice. We certainly had excellent service and I would return

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (661)

Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

4 of us went there for lunch, we did not have reservation, but did not mind to wait. Santana row is a wonderful little oasis, with lots of shops, restaurants and cafes, life music, one of two streets closed for traffic, it makes it very pleasant to walk. We've waited for half an hour, although there were several available tables. Finally, when we asked again, we were sitted at one of those tables. Service was very bad. Waited too long for our food. Everything we ordered came with big bunch of tasteless greens. Croque Monsieur was horrible, with piece of rubber instead of ham, and sloshy top, I couldn't eat it. Onion soup was OK, but ridiculously tiny cup. Spanish omelet was tasty, deserts are good, but 11 bucks for a 3rd of a cup of mango something is ludicrous! We had to stack dirty plates, because nobody would pick them up. And at the end, they overcharged us. They, of course, corrected the check,I will NEVER go back to Left Bank. The ONLY redeeming feature of the place is that you can eat outside, Too bad! I just wish they'd change the name. The food they serve has no resemblance to the French.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Valeryand
Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

Santana Row is very nice for bars, restaurants, and shopping. You find high quality food and shopping there, in a relaxed atmosphere.
From Pizza Antica Italian restaurant (their pappardelle in a rabbit ragout sauce was a wonder, maybe thy will make them again), to Louis Vuitton, Hermes, and Anne Fontaine, you have in Santana Row some of the best selection of what the Bay Area has to offer.
My all times favorite is Vintage Wine Merchants: they offer what could very well be the best wine selection of all California. Yes, you read me right: best in California. Harry Fong, the owner, has a talent for curating the best French wines and Champagnes, it is just a wonder. Select a great bottle, sit down, and order a cheese and charcuterie platter to enjoy your wine ... wow! To die for.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

I have visited this location several times, I have to admit that my review has less to do with the food which isn't bad. My review has more to do with the staff and feeling welcome at this restaurant. Every time I visit here I feel like I am getting the cold shoulder from the staff. Everyone from the bartender when I sit at the bar, to the inattentive hostess that ignores me while I wait to be seated. I think the staff needs some training in the area of customer service. I have stopped visiting this location because I feel unwelcome here.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

A little bit of Paris here at home...
The decor is lovely & the food yummy!
It's always a treat to go there.