“Some of the best Indian I've had in a while!”

Amber India - Santana Row
Reserve with OpenTable
Amber India - Santana Row is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 2,173 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Winchester Avenue & Olsen Drive
Transit: VTA stop at Stevens Creek ( Valley Fair Mall).
Denver, Colorado
“Some of the best Indian I've had in a while!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Amber was delicious! My work colleagues and I went for a business/celebratory dinner and it couldn't have been better. It was certainly helpful that one of my colleagues was Indian, so she helped us order, but even if she wasn't, I doubt anything on the menu would have been bad. We had a mix of apps, entrees and sides, so we definitely left full! Don't miss the Roasted Sweet Potato & Peanut Chaat or the Biryani - it was TO DIE FOR! The service was good - a bit slow at times, but not too bad. Nice atmosphere too. Clearly a local favorite as it was empty when we got there and packed to the brim when we left - on a Tuesday no less. Some of the best Indian I've had in a while!

• Visited October 2013

Newry, United Kingdom
“Very Good, Excellent Food, Great Service”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I visited this restaurant with 3 colleagues on a training visit to Silicon Valley on the recommendation of another local colleague.

The service was excellent, with the owner coming to welcome us personally when we mentioned who recommended the restaurant to us. We were shown to a semi-private dining room at the back of the restaurant.

The waiter recommended 2 starters between the four of us and 3 mains plus rice and naan bread.
The starters were very good, and went very nicely with the bottle of red wine suggested by the owner.
The mains were excellent, not too spicy for those who were not used to Indian food, but very flavoursome. The Butter Chicken was especially good. The portion sizes were ok, although there was no problem getting some more rice and naan bread when we asked.

The atmosphere was good, and there appeared to be many people of Indian descent eating there, which I think is a recommendation. The staff were very attentive, but unobtrusive.

A thoroughly enjoyable meal, and I will definitely return if in San Jose again.

• Visited September 2013
California
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A great place for lunch! The buffet is excellent. If you are there for dinner, the ambiance is quite and elegant. Food is equally very good.

Visited June 2013
San Francisco, California
“Excellent indian food !”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a fancy place. Quite expensive if you are ordering ala carte. Potion size is small. But, you can not complain about the food. Great taste, wide varieties of veg and non-veg items, not greasy, fast service, nice presentation. Convenient location with free parking lot just around the corner. Try the deserts. This is definitely one of the best indian desert I ever had in states! Highly recommended ! Also, try to book a table if you are planning to go for dinner in the weekend. This place gets real busy in the dinner time.

• Visited July 2013
England, United Kingdom
“Very expensive & the food was just okay”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Although the menu is varied and offered lots of choices, and the food we had was okay to good, our bill was extremely high. I was very disappointed in the bathrooms, which were not at all clean. In fact I decided not to use them they were so bad!

Visited March 2013