4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$151
Hotels.com$151
Priceline$150
Curio.com$151
eDreams$151
Travelocity$151
1,761 results
All reviews residential neighborhood beautiful property pool and hot tub fitness center wedding conference event lounge
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2019

My wife and I spent a night away for our anniversary at the Hayes Mansion. We had stayed here previously, and had fond memories of our stays.

After checking in, we stopped by the outdoor Palm Plaza Lounge where we had some wine and some appetizers. The avocado tempura was unexpected and delicious. The vegetable sliders were also yummy. But we noticed the seating cushions were a bit tattered. Not up to the standard we had previously.

We had a room by the pool. Well sound-proofed--couldn't hear people at the pool at all, and we did relax in the hot tub for a while.

The next morning we noticed some black flecks in the sink, and then later, water rising up from the drain with more black flecks. Disconcerting enough that we would have asked for a room change except that we were checking out soon anyways. (The woman at the front desk noted that it has happened previously.)

The breakfast buffet was delicious with a wide selection of American, European, and Asian breakfast fare. Coffee was delicious.

If not for the plumbing issues, I would have given the Hayes Mansion a 5-star rating. As it was, I considered three stars. The property has been recently sold, and the new owners plan a preservation of the historic spaces, and a renovation of the newer areas. We look forward to the completion of the renovation for a return trip.

Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank MikeT19278
NickM-AFOM, Manager at Hayes Mansion San Jose, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Thank you for sharing the details of your visit to the Hayes Mansion, Firstly, please allow us to congratulate you on your wedding anniversary! We are happy to know you chose to return on this momentous occasion and we are pleased to hear you had an overall enjoyable stay. We do regret there were were a few areas that need attention and we apologize for any inconvenience that may have resulted. We have forwarded your valued feedback for further improvements and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2019 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hayes while on a road trip to Nor Cal with my kids. We spent two nights at the Hayes and, overall, it was a great experience. The people at check in were friendly and accommodating and recommended a great local sushi place that we really enjoyed. The in room fridge wasn’t working so someone came super quick and replaced it for us as I had bought a bunch of groceries so I could feed the kids breakfast and snacks in the room. The one downside I noted was parking. We lucked out and found a spot pretty easily the first night but when we returned to the hotel on the second night, there was not a spot to be had. We circled the entire property twice before finding a place to park. Other than the parking it was a great experience. I would return again.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank leahsT9939XF
NickM-AFOM, Manager at Hayes Mansion San Jose, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2019

Thank you for choosing to visit the Hayes Mansion on your road trip to Northern California with your family. We are grateful for your business and for your detailed feedback regarding your stay. We are delighted to hear how helpful your found our staff and especially to learn you plan to return. We look forward to having the pleasure of serving you again in the future!

Reviewed July 23, 2019

Stayed at Hayes Mansion for the 2nd time a few weeks ago. As others have shared, the grounds are large and beautiful. Hayes is not only a hotel, but has conference center facilities as well.

ROOM: I've stayed in both a normal room with 2 queen beds, as well as what they call a Parlor Suite (more spacious, with a pullout sofa bed and kitchenette). Both were fine, if a little worn. The beds were a little saggy in both, and the furnishings are not modern, but both times the rooms were adequately clean.

PARKING: Free parking, but there is not that much parking close to the rooms, so you might have to park in their larger lot, which is further away (roughly 3-5 minute walk from where the rooms are).

SERVICE: I get the feeling their front desk folks are not that well trained. When I was in the process of deciding which type of room to book, I called and asked what the differences were between the various types of suites. The front desk did not know and told me they'd need to call me back! I didn't think this should have been difficult information to find out. Also, although there was only one person in front of me when I was waiting to check in, it took forever. The person in front of me did not have any special requests, so not sure why it took so long.

POOL: The pool is large and there is also a hot tub. Pool towels were well stocked.

MISC: On the 2nd floor of the wing I was staying in, there was a water filtration station, which I thought was a nice touch.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank madridtripper
NickM-AFOM, Manager at Hayes Mansion San Jose, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Thank you for allowing us to host you at the Hayes Mansion and for sharing this detailed account of your stay. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced when calling to inquire about our suites. Our Front Desk agents are typically very knowledgeable regarding the room types and I apologize if there was a lack of information available for you in helping decide which suite to book. In addition, we regret you had to wait for any extended period while the guest in front of you checked in. While we do our very best to complete check-ins in an expeditious manner at times a guest may require additional attention, such as a first-time visitor or a guest with a credit card issue. We are happy to hear you enjoyed some of the many amenities we offer our guests and thank you for mentioning them in your review. Again, we thank you for taking the time to submit this thoughtful review and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed July 20, 2019

The hotel is next to a beautiful city park and has beautiful surroundings and grounds. However the room air conditioner was very loud and woke us up whenever the compressor kicked in. In addition our room was located near a major street which generated a lot of road noise in the early morning. There was a huge wedding located in the ballroom with live music that went on until late at night.

The room itself was very nice.

Room tip: Select the main building to be further from the noise referenced above
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank 451margiem
NickM-AFOM, Manager at Hayes Mansion San Jose, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2019

Thank you for choosing the Hayes Mansion, and for submitting a review of your visit. Although we are greatly appreciative of your description detailing the beauty of the hotel property and grounds, it was with great dismay that we learned you were less than satisfied with the noise which came from the wedding in the Ballroom. Our perpetual goal is to provide a flawless, comfortable stay for each guest, leaving only with special memories, and we regret this was not the case during your stay. If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, our Manager on Duty would be happy to assist you. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with the perfect stay we had envisioned for you.

Reviewed July 2, 2019

Excellent service and lovely room. Going back for a second time this next week. Can't wait to try out the pool. It is a treat to the eyes upon arrival. Beautiful old home surrounded by parks and trees.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank DianaKingsley

Thank you so much for allowing us the pleasure of hosting you and for sharing this wonderful feedback. Our staff strive to provide each guest with a stay worth raving over and it is always gratifying to receive positive guest comments such as yours. We are thrilled to know you plan to return, and we look forward to welcoming you back.