1,617 results
All reviewssilver creekpalm plazaresidential neighborhoodbeautiful propertyparlor suiteconference centerbreakfast buffetmain buildingpool and hot tubbusiness meetingsilicon valleythe san jose areaweddingeventretreatballroomlounge
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We've stayed here a few times. Got a great deal on travelzoo both times. $89 plus breakfast. The beds are really comfy and they offer robes and slippers to walk around in. Great amenities in the room and fantastic service.

Reviewed March 1, 2010

I recently surprised my wife for our 19 year anniversary by booking a room and a massage for the both of us. We have a very busy schedule with work and kids so I thought it would be nice to have a quick getaway for our special day. I searched high and low for a nice hotel. I planned to stay maybe in San Francisco, Monterey, Napa, San Jose, Tahoe or Santa Cruz. I compared dozens of places based on price, ammenities and the biggest thing "REVIEWS". Most of the places I liked were just way to expensive for one night. Not that I am cheap, I just wanted a better deal than what was out there. Dolce Hayes Mansion kept looking better and better in the end but some of the reviews I read kept pushing me away. The hotel is located in San Jose where I live, actuall only 5 minutes from our house. I decided to stop at the hotel and take a tour myself. I stopped at the check in desk and asked the receptionist if I could possibly see one of the rooms. The very nice young man said yes they have a room that was available for viewing. I was surprised! He gave me a key and a map to the room and also explained the type of rooms they have. I was impressed of how nice the room was. Next I visited the "Being" Spa down stairs from the mansion. I asked for atour and got one! I got price info and left. On my way to return the key to the front desk, I was admiring the beautiful wood decor all around. A man in a shirt & tie said hello and asked how I liked the place. We made small talk about the mansion and how nice the rooms and spa were. He told me his name was Allen and he was a manager there. I told him my dilema of deciding on a hotel and he told me that I would love staying here. I told him that I found a price of $99 for a room on line. Allen said he could offer me a room for $90 so I booked it right then and there. I then booked a massage for me and my wife. I asked for a room near the spa and Mike the desk clerk took care of me. I was actually upgraded to a parlor suite which was AWESOME!!! I was able to check in to the room early that Saturday so I had a chance to stock the frig and bar area with water, cocktails, snacks and choc covered strawberries that i made. I had rose pedals on the bed with chocolates and scented candles in the parlor. The bed was a queen and it was so comfortable.There was two large flat screen LCD tvs, queen sofa bed, bar sink, frig, back door to the outdoor covered patio, his and her robes, slippers, etc. My wife was so surprised with the room, decorations and the massage. The spa has a private indoor jacuzzi that is open to the hotel guests!!! It was perfect and so relaxing! Ask the spa for the $20 coupon! The massage was $125 each for 75 minute massage which includes hot stones. OMG we were both in heaven! With the coupon it was only $110 but I did $20 tip for each of us.We invited some friends over for cocktails then decided to go out to dinner even though there is a restaurant in the hotel. We had a wonderful romantic night and got to sleep in all morning. We did late check out at 1pm. On our way out we decided to eat at the hotels famous Sunday Brunch. $40 per person but we had a coupon luckily for a discount. This brunch has oysters, mussels, shrim, crab, prime rib, omlettes, bacon, deserts, champagne, etc, etc, etc! Best brunch in years.!! I would reccomend this hotel for couples, families and anyone wanting to get away from downtown crowds. The hotel (mansion) is popular for weddings, meetings, etc. It is in a residential neighborhood away from down town. It is where the old Frontier Village Amusement park used to be back in the 70's. I can't promise that everyone will enjoy it but we sure did. It is a five star hotel with a 2 star price!!! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank drinkwiz
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights. It was a very nice property - rooms are a little small but has everything you need - comfortable beds, refrigerator, bathroom with accessories, TV, etc. It is a good location - many places within an hour or so for day trips i.e. Monterey, Carmel, San Francisco, wine country, etc.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2010

experience with this hotel was great -service was excellent, staff was friendly, requests acted upon immediately. rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. beautiful grounds well maintained the overall appearance of buildings were great. great pool and hot tub. enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I came to San Jose for a conference. Our company booked two extra evening meetings at the Dolce Hayes. I didn't want the hassle of traveling late, so I made my reservation there. What a pleasent surprise. The location is tucked back in a suburban part of town, so it's very quiet. The staff was very professional and courteous. The rate was good and the room exceeded my expectations. The grounds were beautiful. The Dolce Hayes has character, but all the modern ameneties you should need.
My children have been bugging me to take them to the Egyptian and Tech museums in San Jose. When we come back, we'll stay at the Dolce Hayes.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business