My husband found this amazing property passing through San Jose on a road trip to Southern California to pick me up and loved it so much , we stayed there again on the way home too. It is truly a sight to see, very noble and majestic. Reminiscent of an old British estate ,or maybe a southern plantation house; very grand with beautiful lawns and lots of history.
We found the service to be spectacular ,and the rooms well appointed. We had only two complaints ,and they were probably overshadowed by its awesomeness and would still recommend a stay here . Firstly, the air conditioning was not up to par in our room. We fiddled with it, and they sent someone out, but it never seemed to cool enough. They "claimed" it was on, but we honestly had an uncomfortable night 's sleep because it was too warm for us.
We also found the restaurant to be a bit lacking for a proper dinner. It seems the hotel is more geared toward catered parties and weddings, which makes sense, it IS beautiful, but there is no proper "sit down" dining room dinner restaurant. Or if there was it was closed at 8 p.m.? There is a beautiful outside seating area with large couches and glass topped wicker coffee tables which is fabulous for drinks and appetizers, however, I didn't see how we could possibly eat a proper steak dinner on a coffee table that I could barely reach, so we just ordered sandwiches to take back to our room.......seems like a lot of lost revenue for them? We left early the next morning, but my husband said they do put on a beautiful buffet breakfast so I'll take his word on that...;-)
The pool area was beautiful and very clean and we were able to order a couple of beers and some snacks at the pool which was really nice. All in all it was a really nice stay and I would highly recommend it. It's location is a bit weird- in a residential area, so you really have to know its there, but definitely more fun than your average high ride chain hotel!! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a lavish private estate, the Hayes Mansion stands as one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. Surrounded by lush, emerald green lawns, accented with gardens of vibrant, colorful flowers and guarded by towering palm trees, the 100-year old estate has been refurbished, upgraded and transformed into a luxurious hotel, resort and spa. The Dolce Hayes Mansion, steeped in tradition and rich in history, provides visitors with an extraordinary experience. Leisure guests can enjoy a walk in the park, working out in our fitness center, swimming in our pool, relaxing in the spa, or having a delicious meal in either our restaurant or bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Dolce Hayes Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolce Hayes Mansion Hotel San Jose
- Dolce Hayes Mansion San Jose