1,618 results
All reviewssilver creekpalm plazaresidential neighborhoodbeautiful propertyparlor suiteconference centerbreakfast buffetmain buildingpool and hot tubbusiness meetingsilicon valleythe san jose areaweddingeventretreatballroomlounge
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I wasn't expecting too much as the reviews that I'd read were not so great, so I was so pleasantly surprised!!! It is truly a gem!! Stunning old hotel in the best shape!!! Well kept up! Cozy ~ elegant~ staff all so first class! Had a lovely dinner by the fire in the elegant bar area! Had wanted to sit outside by the outdoor fires but unfortunately it was raining! Looks lovely out there! The food was excellent! Want to go back for sure! And will go back for sure! There's a secret room downstairs with elegant billiard tables ~ take a bottle of wine down there and enjoy! Glasses are at the bar!! The room was very clean and very elegant. And very nice bathroom!! Had a room with a balcony overlooking the lawn. It was December so Xmas decorations were so great!!!

Room Tip: Room over the lawn with a balcony. They advised that it might be noisy cause there was a wedding below but it was no problem at all. Didn't notice a thing!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suttona003
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night and based on other reviews, I am thinking we were put in a bad room. Our experience was very different from others. The service was ok, nothing spectacular, but we also didn't have the opportunity to encounter more than one person, and our check-in experience was breif. My husband had the flu, so once he got our things to the room, he didn't want to request we change our room. But, the room itself was in need of updating. The main problem I had was the duvet cover. It had stains on it, and clearly had not been washed. It looked like there were bodily fluids on it. It was so disgusting. While the grounds are really pretty, our room was very dreary, and kind of creepy. Feels like a retirement/assisted living facility inside. However, based on other peoples' reviews, if you get put in a room you don't like, ask to move. Maybe we just got put in a bad one? Sounds like there are other nicer ones.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for your review please accept my sincere apologies for your experience.

It is our policy to ensure that all of our rooms be the at the highest level of cleaniness and strive to make all of our rooms good ones with no need to worry about getting a bad one. With that being said this experience is far below our expectations of how we want to be represented to our guests. I am sorry we did not meet that expectation for your stay with us.

We have forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper to look into and address. We do not expect and will not accept this type of situation occurring again.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday.

I truely hope we get a chance to change this first impression I look forward to that opportunity.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I used the hotel as my home base to explore Northern California. It was less than a two hour drive to Napa, Big Sur, and San Fransicso.

The rooms were standard room but clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. I did not eat in any of the resturants. The hotel was a private residence and a self-guided tour is available. It was very interesting. A small pool and hot tub were on site. Grocery stores and gas stations were also very close.

It is in a residential area, so that is a nice twist. I would definatley recommend this property to anyone

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 1Travelgirl45
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

We love that we served as your home base during your time exploring Northern California.

We pride ourselves in making the Dolce Hayes Mansion a place that you can call your home away from home. Our goal it to make all of our guests feel as if they are guests in our own home and we strive to make everyone feel like a beloved family member.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments, we look forward to your next trip.

Take care and happy traveling.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had the priviledge of staying only two nights and was attending a conference that did not allow much time for enjoying the beautiful surroundings and facilities. When I was there, however, I felt very welcome and everyone was extremely helpful and kind. The food in the lounge was very good and a fun place to relax.

I would definitely go back but preferably for vacation and not a busy business trip.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor and it was nice and quiet because it is nestled within a neighborhood.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marian B
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed 3 nights here on business. The room is nothing special, but clean and comfortable with strong, free wifi signal. AT&T iPhone service was very poor in the room and in the main lobby. Complimentary business center is in a great, classic room, like an old library. Very nice. Free coffee in the lobby, and free breakfast every day of my stay. Buffett breakfast was very good. The property is also a conference center, so it was bustling with different corporate types at various events. The bar in the main building is small but very cool and also serves dinner. Room service until 9pm. Food was very good. Staff has been friendly and helpful. I did find it a bit odd though when I borrowed an umbrella from the font desk and they told me to "make sure I return it". It was a broken $5 umbrella that you can buy on any street corner in NYC. No big deal though. Otherwise, this is a classic, historic property that has a great old school vibe to it and is reasonably priced. It's located a bit off the beaten path, but not too far from downtown San Jose. All in all a very cool place and a great experience. I would stay here again for business and personal.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bodhi360
HayesMansion, Front Office Manager at Dolce Hayes Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you very much for all of your review and wonderful comments and great overview of your stay with us.

We take great pride in making sure our guests have the greatest experience possible. With that being said I will look into our umbrella inventory to ensure they are all in proper working condition and ensure going forward we maintain this standard.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Wishing you a wonderful everything.