The hotel is breathtaking from the outside and the people that work there (from the Receptionist, the restaurant staff, the security guard, even the cleaning crew) made our stay even more memorable. Their food was amazing and at a very reasonable price. You have to try the Grilled Beef Tenderloin Sate. It is TO DIE FOR. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean. As one can expect with an old mansion, there are lots of passages. It was fun walking around and taking it all in. And yes, there is a way to go from the main house to the rooms without going outside, you just have to look for it. That's the fun part. :)
The mansion, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was converted into a hotel. Most of the inside is original so one can only expect a hint of history in the smell of the place, not overpowering though which is kind of nice. When you go there, ask for a tour of the tower. They will be more than happy to oblige and take you to some other parts of the hotel you never would have gone to (including the telling of the history of the place).
The place is very quiet and peaceful. They do have a few bar areas and even a game room downstairs which has pool and even a poker table. We will DEFINITELY be going back there again. This time, we will be bringing our little ones. I'm sure they will love it as much as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a lavish private estate, the Hayes Mansion stands as one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. Surrounded by lush, emerald green lawns, accented with gardens of vibrant, colorful flowers and guarded by towering palm trees, the 100-year old estate has been refurbished, upgraded and transformed into a luxurious hotel, resort and spa. The Dolce Hayes Mansion, steeped in tradition and rich in history, provides visitors with an extraordinary experience. Leisure guests can enjoy a walk in the park, working out in our fitness center, swimming in our pool, relaxing in the spa, or having a delicious meal in either our restaurant or bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolce Hayes Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolce Hayes Mansion Hotel San Jose
- Dolce Hayes Mansion San Jose