Arrived late last night from east coast. No signs designating lobby building so I drove around the grounds for a while trying to figure out where to check in. Parking is FAR away from main building when you have luggage with you. Scratched the paint and damaged the wheels on my roller-board luggage dragging it up and down the 6 cement stairs to the lobby as there are no ramps. Checked in only to find that I had to go to another building to locate my room. Drag my bags back to parking lot to drive to new building. Again, no ramp to the entrance and had to drag luggage up the stairs again to enter the second building. Once in the room I immediately noticed that the room had adjoining door (I hate these types of rooms when I travel alone). I checked the lock as I always do and found it unsecured. I flipped the latch and went to bed, not thinking that there might be a way for the latch to be unlocked from the outside. I was awakened an hour later by my "neighbor" fiddling with the adjoining doors for about 3 minutes. I assumed they were trying to lock their side of the door. Once they stopped messing with it I went to sleep again. At 4:30 am this morning I was awakened by the sound of someone fiddling with the adjoining door again. This time a MAN walked through the door into my room! I yelled at him to get out and he said he was looking for the bathroom! Needless to say I was completely unnerved and could not go back to sleep. I put a desk chair under the door knob so that I could dress. I called the lobby who said they would send maintenance up to check the locks once I depart for my 8am meeting.
So far this property will get a poor rating from me. I will see how the hotel handles these issues as I am at this hotel for two nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a lavish private estate, the Hayes Mansion stands as one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. Surrounded by lush, emerald green lawns, accented with gardens of vibrant, colorful flowers and guarded by towering palm trees, the 100-year old estate has been refurbished, upgraded and transformed into a luxurious hotel, resort and spa. The Dolce Hayes Mansion, steeped in tradition and rich in history, provides visitors with an extraordinary experience. Leisure guests can enjoy a walk in the park, working out in our fitness center, swimming in our pool, relaxing in the spa, or having a delicious meal in either our restaurant or bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolce Hayes Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolce Hayes Mansion Hotel San Jose
- Dolce Hayes Mansion San Jose