Having known about this property and staying here for the occasional getaway weekend, the Hayes Mansion was on my short list of options when tasked with a major meeting just 3 months before the event date.
Right from the start the process was easy. Kerry Kuhl, Senior Sales Manger, was professional and understood our needs so that the initial proposal was accurate and what we asked for. The site inspection was well prepared and I was afforded all the time I needed to see the property and meet the staff I would be working with including Cedric Fasbender, General Manager. Cedric set the expectations of what we could expect from the team and boy did they deliver!
Starting out fairly simple and straitforward, our week-long meeting morphed into a bit of a production requiring much more that we originally planned. Every single change and challenge was met with cheerful and helpful suggestions to make everything happen. Inga Stephenson, CMP, was a pleasure to work with - no request was too much, too big or too late, and trust me - we had A LOT of last minute changes to our program. From working with an attendee headcount that significantly exceeded our original estimates, to the last minute requests for vegan meals, it was never a problem to make it happen.
The property itself is a sprawling, beautifully appointed facility, with state of the art AV. The meeting rooms in the mansion were all unique and had lots of natural light. No cavernous, box like meeting rooms here. Even with the windows and balconies, it was still easy to see a PowerPoint presentation. We also used the Edenvale Ballroom, which was roomy enough for our attendance of 200, and well appointed with professional AV personnel (great job, Coy).
The sleeping rooms are comfortable, VERY clean and easily accessible from both the mansion meeting rooms and the convention center. The beds were comfy and it was quiet every night. The WiFi signals were strong and I had no trouble accessing the internet from my room or the meeting rooms.
One of the most important items for our group when it comes to week-long meetings is the quality of the food. Every night our staff was treated to exquisite cuisine in different beautiful surroundings throughout the mansion. From a taco bar, to a family style dinner, to a full barbeque and desserts, nobody went hungry. Breakfast and lunch were equally delicious and offered variety beyond the norm. Even the break refreshments were different and tasty. My attendees raved every day about the food offerings and looked forward to what was going to be served next.
I have been doing meetings like this for over 10 years and it is a rare experience to have everything just fall into place. This meeting, with its constantly changing program, had the potential for some "onsite stress" - but it went flawlessy thanks to the efforts of the Hayes Mansion Team. Every employee was helpful and resposive to whatever we needed, whenever we needed it. As a meeting coordinator, I wouldn't hesitate to return and refer others to this gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a lavish private estate, the Hayes Mansion stands as one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. Surrounded by lush, emerald green lawns, accented with gardens of vibrant, colorful flowers and guarded by towering palm trees, the 100-year old estate has been refurbished, upgraded and transformed into a luxurious hotel, resort and spa. The Dolce Hayes Mansion, steeped in tradition and rich in history, provides visitors with an extraordinary experience. Leisure guests can enjoy a walk in the park, working out in our fitness center, swimming in our pool, relaxing in the spa, or having a delicious meal in either our restaurant or bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Dolce Hayes Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolce Hayes Mansion Hotel San Jose
- Dolce Hayes Mansion San Jose