I just spent 9 nights at the Hayes Mansion. It was the most wonderful experience. The room was gorgeous, the bed incredible, and even when there was a wedding reception in the ballroom, my room was blissfully quiet. I slept soundly with none of 'sleeping in a strange place' the feeling one often has in a hotel All of the employees went out of their way to meet, and even anticipate, my needs. I also noticed that the employees were not only kind to the guests, but to each other, and that made an impression on me. Another factor for me, as a woman traveling alone, was the security. With restricted access to the elevator, and after dark the building itself, I felt secure (even If tip-toeing around the building in the wee small hours to get to the door that would open with my room key reminded me a bit of dorm days.)
The room was perfectly clean when I got there, and was kept that way throughout my stay. I also appreciate the environmental policies of being able to reuse towels if you choose and changing the sheets less often unless you ask.
I accidentally left my flash drive in the computer at the business center, and before I knew it was gone, the concierge had found me in another part of the building and returned it to me.
For the price I would have paid for a 'just expensive enough not to be creepy' ordinary hotel, I got a luxury experience. I would so highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a lavish private estate, the Hayes Mansion stands as one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. Surrounded by lush, emerald green lawns, accented with gardens of vibrant, colorful flowers and guarded by towering palm trees, the 100-year old estate has been refurbished, upgraded and transformed into a luxurious hotel, resort and spa. The Dolce Hayes Mansion, steeped in tradition and rich in history, provides visitors with an extraordinary experience. Leisure guests can enjoy a walk in the park, working out in our fitness center, swimming in our pool, relaxing in the spa, or having a delicious meal in either our restaurant or bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolce Hayes Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolce Hayes Mansion Hotel San Jose
- Dolce Hayes Mansion San Jose