“Great for Preschoolers +”

Children's Discovery Museum
Ranked #8 of 137 things to do in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive adventure for children in science, technology and cultural diversity.
Sunnyvale, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great for Preschoolers +”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a great place to take your preschooler or any child that loves to explore. My 5 year old son loves it and we have been going since he was 4 years old. He especially enjoys the water play area, I suggest you take extra clothes. They have different themes throughout the year and they always have plenty activities for the children to engage in. Average time here for our family is 2 hours.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Gricelda A

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gilbert, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun for 4 year olds”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We took a 4, 2, and 1 year old and I think the 4 year old had the most fun. The others enjoyed it too, but the older kids definitely could appreciate all there was to offer.

1 Thank jennyguns
Los Gatos, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Educational and Fun”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My kids love this place and as an adult it is interesting enough to keep you entertained. It works for children across age-groups though might be marginally better for the 6-14 range.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Tom B
San Luis Obispo
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“What a fun treat”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I took my granddaughter and we both loved it. She was 7 and there was plenty to do. There are lots of seating areas for those of us who don't stand forever. What a delightful experience to share with a child. I even made a corn husk doll with her.

Dublin, Ireland
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My son will be 3 this Sunday and he really had a ball today in this fascinating museum. We spent 2,5 hours inside and although we could not explore what is outside, we had to leave, because he was tired and wanted to have a nap. :)
Our only problem with the place was that it was extremely noisy and crowded, but I suppose you cannot help it. We visited on a Thursday morning, so I do not want to imagine how packed it is on a Saturday let's say.
I saw quite a few frustrated parents with younger kids (under 1-2), so I would not really recommend this museum for the very littlies, as there are far too many stimuli for them and they cannot enjoy the exhibits as much as older kids do.