Arena Hotel
Hotel De Anza(San Jose)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
San Jose Marriott(San Jose)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjacuzzi tubhp pavilionwhole foodspaper platessap arenacanned fruittrain stationsharks gamewithin walking distancehockey gameshort walkroom was largebit datedan older hotelfree breakfast isstayed here for one nighthotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I canceled my reservation the day prior to my scheduled stay. I spoke to a lady that gave me a confirmation number confirming my cancelation, and she said that I would not be charged. She also said that if I changed my mind, there were plenty of rooms available. I did not stay there; however, my credit card originally had a pending charge for both nights I was scheduled to stay followed by an additional charge a few days later for another night. I called the hotel immediately, and a lady said she couldn't access my records and the manager was tending to personal business and would get back to me by the end of the night or the next day; I never received a call. I called a few days later and talked to a man who accessed my account, and he said that he did not show any charges on my account. Also, I sent an email on August 31, 2012 and did not receive a response until September 13. It stated that I canceled the same day and was charged for a night's stay. While my credit card no longer reflects the 2 night charge, it does reflect the one night charge as stated in the response. Not only was the response emailed 2 weeks after my original email and contained untrutful information, but the grammar was indicative of that of a student in their early elementary years. This is the first negative review that I've written about a hotel or restaurant. I'm a realist that knows that everyone has their bad days; however, this hotel's operational procedures appear too flawed at this time, and I don't want to see anyone else lose their money.

Room Tip: Choose a room.....at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is an OK hotel that's very convenient because it's so close to downtown and, of course, the Arena. It's nicely landscaped and well maintained. The prices are great and include a breakfast and evening snacks. The room we had was clean, spacious and comfortable but tired. The place could use a facelift. Wi-Fi is included at no additional charge. Also Included in the room was a coffee maker, microwave, frig, make-up mirror and hair dryer. The location is a bit noisey but not too bad. I'd go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Got this place thru my work travel company, checked in at night and wasn't impressed by the surroundings. Breakfast was ok, not great. Did some work at the airport and when I saw the bathroom in the daylight, I saw mold on the ceiling and checked right on out there.
When I disputed the bill, the manager checked out the room with maintenance and promptly refunded my money, minutes a partial stay fee which was okay with me (i left at 4 in the afternoon...)
Probably won't go back....

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you're looking for a decent value in the Bay Area / San Jose the Arena could be a good choice. As other reviewers have noted the property is a little old and there is a bit of a smell in the lobby. There was plenty of room though and we were comfortable for the one night we were there. Room had a small fridge / freezer available for your beverages / snacks / leftovers. Breakfast was included with our stay and had several options.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Spacious Room, but no airport shuttle like in advertisement; Hallway smelled going to the rooom. Property is well taken care of. The room did not have any bed spreads. It is a good place to stay for one night but any longer might want to check else where.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business