“Good price and good stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Durham, North Carolina
“Good price and good stay”
Reviewed May 10, 2009

We were looking for a convenient location to the San Jose airport but not right on top of it. Found the Homewood Suites after reading reviews here and it was a good find! The service staff were all friendly. I used the workout room which left a little to be desired - but I wasn't expecting much either. The comp breakfast was adequate and pleasant.

There was a Starbucks next door and the hotel is convenient to Highway 101 and to Great America. Neither right next door - but both convenient.

We had a room rate under $100 for a weekend stay and I thought that was a good price. Room was clean and adequate - nothing fancy but good amount of space. Didn't need the fireplace - but a nice touch.

Overall - clean, safe and convenient. Money well spent.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dacula, Georgia
Reviewed December 27, 2008

Don't let the exterior of this hotel fool you! It looks really boring and is in the middle of a business area, but our room was really nice. We had a lounge with a fireplace! a seperate bedroom with a king size bed, 2 TV's, a kitchen and a table to eat at. Breakfast was very nice, lots of choice and very well stocked. Staff were great really helpful and friendly. Right next door to the hotel are many places to eat; pizza, chinese, thai, greek, subway, burgers, indian....plenty of choice! My son was thrilled that the hotel even has an outdoor basketball court and will loan you a basketball!
This chain really reminds me of Residence Inn, I think its Hilton's attempt to grab some of that market. They even offer complimentary dinner during the week for business guests. I was very impressed and would stay there again.

• Liked — Great Room!
  • Disliked — Boring Exterior
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Longwood, FL
Reviewed October 14, 2008

We just returned from our San Francisco trip. We normally rent a house or condo but we were traveling with our cousin who has cerebral palsy and needed a handicapped room. The hotel was so clean, the staff was so helpful. They serve an awesome hot breakfast everyday and on Monday's thru Thursdays, they have a cocktail hour complete with a small dinner.
We were a party of 5. four of us shared a two bedroom (king beds) and two bathroom room. It had a kitchen and 3 TV's. Our cousin had the handicapped room. It worked great, but there were a few things that could have accomodated him a little better. IE... thermostat lower on the wall and curtain pulls a little lower so he could close them without assistance. But other than those two minor items, we had a wonderful stay. This hotel is perfect as a home base. We stayed here the entire time and made day trips to Sonoma, Pebble Beach, San Francisco, etc. So much easier than packing and repacking. They also have a shuttle van that will take you to and from the hotel, plus you can request it for any destination within 5 miles. I would definately stay here again.

• Liked — room size with kitchen
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Anchorage
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We had a great family vacation in California and were very happy that we chose to stay at Homewood. We spent a few days at California's Great America and this hotel was the best value and only 2 miles away.
The staff was great, rooms were very clean and breakfast was plentiful each morning. We loved the pool and spa area.
We had one slight problem with the hair dryer but it was fixed very quickly. Again, all the staff were professional and friendly.

• Liked — Great breakfast included!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Oakley, California
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I stayed here for the first time about a year ago and had a very positive experience so when we found out another paintball tournament would be taking place in San Jose again, it was a no-brainer as to where we would stay. This time, we got a 2 King bedroom, 2 bath suite at a pre-paid rate of $127/night and couldn't have been happier! How nice for the boys to have their own bathroom to stink up, and the bedrooms were situated across the living room from each other, so neither room had to worry about noise from the other. Everything was impeccably clean, and believe me, I look around a hotel as soon as we check in. The only things I could find that were on the negative side was that the kitchen needed more lighting and the coffeepot didn't work. But our room was very close to the lobby, which serves coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and all sorts of goodies 24/7. Also, the pull-out sofa didn't look very comfortable, but the teenagers didn't complain so I guess it was OK. Again, if I ever stay in San Jose again, it's Homewood Suites for me!! There is no better place for the price.

• Liked — great ammenities, comp breakfast,
  • Disliked — poor lighting in kitchen area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I stayed at the Homewood Suites during my family vacation the weekend of July 4th. What a great hotel the Homewood Suites turned out to be! As a frequent traveler, I really appreciated the size of their rooms. They were HUGE! We had a kitchen in our room and a door to the bedroom for when we needed privacy. In the living room there was a pull-out sofa bed which my girls slept just fine on and a tv which was great for them because I did not annoy them with my late night ESPN since I had my own tv in the bedroom. The hotel offered a buffet for breakfast for FREE! They had everything from scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, and waffles (just to name a few). Compared to a lot of other hotels I've stayed at that offer a free breakfast, this is by far the most complete and expansive breakfast I have ever seen and had. During the late hours of the day, my daughters played in the pool while my wife and I decided to opt for the hot tub instead. I cannot describe how PERFECT my vacation went and I cannot wait to go back to the Homewod Suites and do it all over again next year!

• Liked — The size, cleanliness, and comfort of the rooms.
  • Disliked — I was not able to stay longer.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Roseville, Ca
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This Homewood Suites is a great property. This Homewood is located in 5 different buildings. Some are intrerior corridors within 3 story buildings, the others are exterior rooms accessible by stairs and are two levels.

General Manager Doyle O'Neil and his staff do an outstanding job at this property. They are welcoming and the property reflects this. I have stayed at this location several times over the last couple years. Each time, I have had a clean spacious room which makes the ability to relax easy. The living room and bedroom each have a TV, not flat screens yet, but i'm sure they will within time. The beds are so comfortable and they place an extra blanket folded into the bed if needed, what a nice touch!

The bathroom and shower area is impeccable. They give some nice tolietry items, including mouthwash. Most places have curved shower curtains now a days, as does this place.

Some rooms have fireplaces which is a nice touch for the cool bay area evenings. The kitchen are standard, two burner stove, microwave and a decent size refrigerator. They wash all the dishes prior to arrival so you have to put them away as they are all in the dishwasher, just like at home!

The common dining area is very comfortable. Breakfasts are outstanding. A large selection of hot and cold items, well spread out so you do not feel cramped. I think some previous reviews had written about made to order omeletes, but I don't think they have that there. Now, Monday-Thursday, they also have an evening reception. I have another name for it, Dinner. Yes, you can actually get a dinner included in your room rate. If you look at the menu posted on your refrigerator in your room, you can see it is varied and really is a meal. Thank you San Jose Homewood Suites for this nice ammenity!

Overall, this location is great. Close to the airport, light rail, and downtown. There is a small strip mall next door with some smaller places to eat as well. You can't go wrong with this location.

• Stayed June 2008