“Good Location/Comfortable Unit”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites San Jose for 7 nights while visiting family. Location is close to the airport and the light rail on North First runs straight into downtown. I had to request another unit after the first night as my tub was clogged up and the smoke alarm went off for no reason. I was upgraded to a larger nicer unit without having to ask. The second unit was clean with everything I needed for comfort. TV remote in the living room needed a new battery but that was the only thing requiring attention. Staff was very friendly and helpful and housekeeping accommodated my crazy schedule. Pool area was nice. I did not utilize the breakfast or dinner offerings so cannot comment on this amenity. This is not a luxury hotel but rather a place designed to provide extra space and comfort for longer stays. The different buildings look like apartment blocks and there's nothing particularly esthetic about their appearance but the site is right in the midst of many tech companies. The nearby strip mall with small restaurants caters to the business crowd but is not meant for the gourmet diner. The Starbucks in the mall is a good alternative to hotel coffee.

Room Tip: When checking in, ask if a larger corner unit is clean and available as you will get more natural li...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Disapointed in hotel and tripadvisor. Highly overrated. Dated hotel in a good location. It was rated very for no reason. I would never stay here again. It's located behind a strip mall with 11 low end Restuaruants. All the Signs in the parking lot warning how they were not responsible for their or damage was off putting.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is one of the older Homewood Suites in California. There were several minor maintenance problems that should have been caught by housekeeping, but were taken care of after they were brought to management's attention. It is lacking the icemaker and soda bar found in many of the Suites. The food was very good, with a nice vartiety every day. The staff was friendly and willing to help. Thought it was slightly overpriced, but that would not keep me from going back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family & I visited the Bay Area to attend a Giants game & stayed at the Homewood Suites San Jose. Great covenient location to HWY 101 and into SF. Clean rooms & grounds, great breakfast. You can tell that the rooms had a recent upgrade completed, as they are fresh and modern. Will most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ninerrush49
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Spacious rooms at a great price! This was a wonderful stay for us on our three-week tour of Western United States. We didn't use the kitchenette, but it looked like it had all one would need. The rooms had separate sleeping areas and living rooms. The bathrooms were enormous with a large shower / toilet room and an expansive sink / dressing area. The only odd thing was that we stayed in a building separate from the main building where you check in and have breakfast. The breakfast was good, well stocked, and the attendant was quick to replace items as needed. Staff were very helpful - we got locked out of our room at one point - and friendly. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Vanskooten
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

How wonderful that you took a three-week tour of the Western United States and gives us great joy that we were part of that trip. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope it was as comfortable as being in your own home but while on vacation. We apologize for the inconvenience of being locked out of your room but again, I'm overjoyed that our staff was very helpful. Come back soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Spent 3 nights at Homewood San Jose on a family vacation to see the gymnastic Olympic trials. My wife and I like Homewood when we vacation, more room for our 2 kids, and more for us. I really liked the layout of this hotel, a bit older, more like a motel in that there were 5-6 individual units or blocks of rooms. This was an older hotel, but still had the typical "Homewood" feel. Breakfast served each morning, nice pool and hot tube that the kids both enjoyed. Only real complaint was the beds, our king mattress sages on my side, and the fold out bed for the kids was really uneven....funny thing was when my wife and I tested the sofa bed we felt the kids were going to be miserable, but they both said they loved the bed......shows how much we know! Downtown was only a 5 mind rive on Hwy 87. I know we would stay there again if our travels take us back to the San Jose area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank stevereed5770
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Hope you enjoyed the Olympic trails. Here is a fun fact, we had a sweet young lady staying at our hotel the same time you were here but instead of watching the trials she participated in them, how great is that; a future olympiad. Yes, we are an older hotel, one of the first built but our goal in everyway is give you that "Homewood" feel. I apologize for the beds not being as comfortable as they should, we will definitely look into that so when you come back, and we hope soon, you will love the beds so much you'll sleep in longer.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I enjoyed this hotel!!! It was modern and very clean. The staff was super nice. The rooms were also very spacious! I will deff return again!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Summerbrieze
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Our staff is one of the friendliest around and glad it showed. Yes, please come back soon to visit and dont forget to bring the family!