“Not bad”

dia de pesca, day of fishing
Ranked #135 of 2,232 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Have come here a few times. I seen all the great reviews and figured I would try it. They have different selections for seafood tacos than you will find at other places. For me it's just OK. Its kind of a cross between a taqueria a taco truck and a mexican food restaurant. You order at the counter and they bring your food to you.prices are average. nothing to jump up and down about here. It does get crowded at times as it is rather small. There is about as much seating outside as inside.Parking is next to non existent. Again, not the best I have had. Will I be back? probably at some point in time.

1  Thank Steve H

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Tasty fish taco's. We had the halibut taco, red snapper taco, talapia taco and salmon taco. They are all excellent. We will be back for the great food at a good price.

43  Thank Joan D
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Fun, literally-colorful, atmosphere, 5 stars
Camarones al Mojo de ajo (garlic shrimp, comes with Spanish rice and salad), 5 stars
Tostada for non-fish-loving-person, 5 stars if you like this kind of thing
Sea bass tacos, 3 stars (pretty messy, lots of liquid or oil... the creamy crab chowder that came with it tasted like a weird kind of cream/maybe condensed milk or something)
Next time I will be sure to try what everyone raves about, the breaded halibut tacos.

Día de Pesca, near the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden, and only 10 minutes from Campbell CA. Note, the location itself is NOT an attractive area of Bascom/San Carlos streets, but once you're on site it's great.

46  Thank zephyr64
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We live an hour away, but discovered this local gem because it's around the corner from our eye doctor. The owners have created a lovely atmosphere from what is essentially a carryout stand with seating for Mexican fast food. What sets it apart are the seafood specialties -- especially the cocktails, soups, and stews. Everything (except soups and stews) is prepared to order. It's well located, just off I-880, and we do some of our shopping in San Jose.

They do a big lunch business, and service is both friendly and surprisingly fast. There's limited functional seating inside, and a lot more outside that's quite pleasant. Parking is free, mostly on the street, and is limited, but sufficient. We've never had to park more than a few hundred feet away, and often right out front.

There's an extensive menu with many popular Mexican items, but it's heavy on sea food. Ever since we discovered this restaurant, I've been on a diet (fish and veggies) and my wife is a vegetarian, so we haven't gone far beyond the seafood menu. We've tried the seafood tacos -- they're OK, but not great. Salsa is boring, and I don't like the chips much. Prices are average, and the cocktails are more expensive but well worth it. For all of these reasons, it's become one of our standby lunch spots.

49  Thank JimBrown
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Finally went to this place after seeing it so many times. Amazing fresh grilled seafood. I recommend picking the fish you want and just getting taco's to experience how good the seafood is.

63  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook