“impressed”

Bill's Cafe on the Alameda
Ranked #19 of 2,214 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 4, 2014

i didnt expect to find a place like this at a college campus, but it was terrific. good food (too much for me) and great aptmospher and service

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My daughter and I tried Bill's in Santa Clara, CA last week. We had driven by on Sunday morning and noticed a line of people all down the street. The next morning we decided to try it for ourselves. Wow, I can't wait to go back ....actually I looked online and they have other locations on the west coast. There is a parking lot, so you don't have to worry about parallel parking on the street.
Bill's on Alamedan was crowded that Monday A.M.; luckily the service was quick, attentive, and friendly. The menu was large, but I didn't have time to read beyond the Eggs Benedict section. An entire section is devoted to variations of Eggs Benedict ! They call them the Benedictions!
My daughter ordered Crab Cake Eggs Benedict and I had the California with crispy bacon and lots of avacado and tomatoes. The hollandaise sauce was thin and tasty. Even the poached eggs were perfect...how do they do that? My daughter noticed an enormous juicer on the counter...they make their orange juice from scratch! Of course we had to order the juice with our coffee and food.
Next time I'm going to order the french toast with roasted bananas...no, maybe I'll have another type of Eggs Benedict...maybe I'll stay overnight and go there twice. Maybe I'll see if my local cafe will offer this food on their menu.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Always great food, great service and a good value for what you get.
Fresh squeezed orange juice, consistently prepared breakfast!
Gotta love it!

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Went for breakfast with my family visiting my brother attending SCU, the line was supposed to be very long but we were seated early. As a table of 6. Had many options for children and adults alike. Great place for breakfast by the campus.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Has a more than ordinary menu for a diner and the the food was very good. Staff seemed busy at times as their service was lacking. Went during a somewhat peak hour. There was a short wait but the place was packed and crowded.