“Very good for kids and adults to explore.”

The Tech Museum of Innovation
Book In Advance
More Info
$15.00*
and up
San Jose Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Ranked #10 of 141 things to do in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tech Museum of Innovation is a Silicon Valley landmark for visitors seeking a glimpse of the most innovative place on Earth. The 132,000 square foot museum is one of the nation's premier science and technology museums. The Tech is dedicated to inspire the innovator in everyone. Through fun, hands-on experiences and one of-a-kind floor programs, many supported by Stanford and NASA, the museum unleashes the creative sparks hidden within. Enjoy the largest IMAX dome screen in the West with its eight story-high screen and digital surround-sound system. New! Build, program, and decorate a "social robot" or explore The Tech Studio, a unique space that boasts the latest in cutting-edge digital fabrication with 3D printers, CNC machines, and laser cutters. With so many experiences at your fingertips, the possibilities are limited only by your imagination! Don't miss the last chance to see Star Wars (R): Where Science Meets Imagination, the exhibition. Open now through February 23, 2014. This is the first and last chance to see this 10,000 sq foot exhibition that includes 80 authentic costumes from all 6 films, plus interactive hands-on labs. Museum opens at 10:00 a.m.; closing times vary.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

A very good place to explore for kids and adults. Can see a lot of things from science and the science movies shown are really amazing. A perfect place for a family weekend exploration!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"whole family"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place is huge. All sorts of exhibits. Not just computer stuff. Hands on interactive , new Star Wars displays. Anything from dna to Nasa exhibits. Nice gift shop (of course).
Tip for weekends, if you eat at Peggy Sue's, they validate for all day free parking.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I totally loved this museum! It was so cool. There is something for everyone. If you are active duty military it's free, which I think is really cool. It is just what you would expect, a lot of cool tech exhibits. There are a lot of hands on activities and attendedents to give you educational information. Definitely give yourself atleast two there hours just for the museum part. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

It offers quite a variety of scientific areas not just technology but other topics such as DNA, biology and engineering.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in San Jose for the Figure Skating Nationals and since I had a day and a half to spare, I spent that time at the Tech because it was so close to my hotel. Since I was an employee of another science museum in Syracuse, I had my membership card and got in for free. It was great to see how another museum did things and I could clearly see how much more money they had to invest then we did. Many of the exhibits were "simple" but I can tell you from experience those exhibits tend to have the biggest impact.

My first visit was on a Saturday and it was a bit crowded. Since it was nice and I had events to see at the HP, I didn't stay long but I got to see much of the museum. I also got to pick out what I wanted to visit the next week when I had a full day to visit.

I did the wet lab twice. It was pretty cool and it walked you through it. I loved the tech tag though a few didn't work but that didn't bother me.

Much like my work there were unsupervised kids but it wasn't too terrible. The end of the day was nice as, like my work, not many people were hanging around.

THey had an exhibit called 'Islamic Science Rediscovered' when I was there. It wasn't very crowded and not a lot of people seemed interested even though it was free with admission. It was pretty awesome to see how closely related certain items we have now are to what they had back then. I really enjoyed the Islamic star exploration part.

All in all, I enjoyed myself and saw a lot of simple ideas I thought my work could try. They had a nice mix of "simple" and advanced. I would love to visit again if I'm ever that way. Its a good museum and San Jose is a nice city.

(I actually visited in January 2012 but I couldn't pick that as an option)