Americas Best Value Inn- San Jose Convention Center
Ranked #40 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Morro Bay
“Hooker Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife and 2 kids and I were in San Jose to see a concert, checked in, the woman at desk was friendly. Room was clean. Leaving the room at 7 pm, there were 5 police cars in the parking lot with a man in handcuffs. I was informed by a police officer this was a "hooker motel, and the man being arrested was a pimp, and we might want to find another hotel." When we arrived back at the motel at midnight it was quiet. At 2:00 AM were were awaken by a group in the room next door who partied very loudly until 3:30 AM,there was no attempt by management to quiet them down. In the morning when packing our vehicle to leave. It appeared that there had been 6 people staying in the room adjacent to us. I would not recommend this motel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GHMB
Kishor P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn- San Jose Convention Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Thank you for your review we appreciate your taking the time to post your comments. I am unsure what happened with the police but they were apparently pulled over off the street and stopped near our Inn. This is a major city and from time to time like in any other city the police will have need to stop and arrest people. These are not guests in our Inn but simply were pulled over by the police into our parking lot. We apologized for any noise that may have occurred in our guest rooms but assure you had it been reported to us we would have attended to it and corrected the situation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

theres lots to do within walking distance great service very plesent spacious rooms staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you for your comments we appreciate your review. We work hard to provide you with the best possible lodging experience for the most reasonable rates and we appreciate hearing that you were happy with our accommodations.
Hamilton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

I have stayed at a variety of hotels and I generally brave the smaller chains when I am alone or money is really tight. The later was true in this case, so the $69 rate got my eye. I was a bit leery when we drove up, but the hotel was clean and the room comfortable and quiet despite being right on the road. I would bring my family here anytime and I recommend this as a good value.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank richpease
Thank you for your comments we are happy that you found our Inn to be comfortable and are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

I called and asked if they were close to the convention center because I'm disabled and can't walk too far and they told me they were just around the corner from it. When we got there we had to drive because it was 15 long blocks to the convention center. Our room there was small and dirty looking. Maybe some will think this place is cheap but we payed $92.00 for one night "Thank God it was only one night" for me and my husbnd. The noise was soo bad I had a hard time sleeping even though I was soo tired. Employee's when asked questions were totally rude and inconsidered. I totally would not recommend this dump! OH! forgot to mention you don't want to be outside when it starts to get dark because there are a lot of bums, lowlifes hanging around. Pretty scary!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Vista
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2007

All I can say..... is read the reviews and don’t stay here. What a dump. The people in the office were down right rude, our room looked ok at first but when I went to take a shower it had black mold in the corners and on the wall over the shower. The grout in the tile floor was filthy. I booked the room for 3 people and I only got two sets of towels. When I tried to ask for another set, the gal who was cleaning didn't speak any English, but a least she smiled. There were holes in the walls, blood stains on the side of the mattress. The blankets on the beds had cigarette burns in them. Light fixtures were broken. The window had no screen on it. If this represents Travelodge then they have truly gone down hill. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Black Mold, Broken Light Fixtures, rude employee's
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2006

I stayed at the "Convention Center" Travelodge the last weekend in June. Unless you are driving, it's not anywhere near the Convention Center. It's about a 20 minute walk through a neighborhood that's fine during the daytime, but I didn't want to walk through at night. That's how I found out that it's about a $6 cab ride between the two. The hotel seemed fine to me. I had a spacious room with one bed, a sofa, a microwave, and a fridge. It was clean and neat. The hotel offers "breakfast" but if you want more than muffins, you could go to the family-style restaurant across the street or the fast food place next door. The hotel is no worse than many I've stayed at in suburban or interstate interchange locations. If you want low price and no frills, this would be a fine choice.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orinda, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2005

Want a nasty little motel - look no further. Rude employees, an awful breakfast, run down rooms, and all the noise you can handle (it's under the SJ airport flight path, is on a busy street, and has no noise insulation). Anyone who wrote a positive review of this place is just outright lying (or owns the place). No sane person would ever come back here.

The also tried to jack up the price and add an extra night despite the fact we had a written confirmation with the stated price for one night.

Convention Center? That's the biggest laugh of all. This place is tiny, and there isn't even a place to eat your breakfast (if you have an iron stomach), much less have a meeting. It doesn't get more dishonest than this.

• Stayed December 2005
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#45 of 75 in San Jose
Americas Best Value Inn Mountain View
Americas Best Value Inn Mountain...
#18 of 18 in Mountain View

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- San Jose Convention Center? Share your experiences!