“A Real Oasis in the Desert”
Review of The Maze Stone

The Maze Stone
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in San Jacinto
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Chattanooga
“A Real Oasis in the Desert”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

While traveling to visit family in near by Hemet, CA, my wife and I had dinner at the Soboba Country Club's Maze Stone Restaurant. This area is not known for any fine dinning, but here tucked away in this beautiful lush setting we found the exception. The food is prepared by a gourmet chef, and the prices are very reasonable. We dined here 3 times in three weeks. Every meal was superb, and the service was always prompt, and friendly. We had dinner, and then the Sunday unlimited champagne brunch, and finally took out whole family out for the early bird dinner. I cannot overstate what a wonderful dinning experience this was.

• Visited August 2013

San Jacinto, California
“Best Sunday brunch ever!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The food at the Maze Stone Sunday brunch is absolutely amazing!! We go at least one Sunday a month. There is quite a variety and it's always fresh and tasty. My husband loves the omelette station and I love the salmon and shrimp platter!!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Betsy52
Menifee, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I have lived in the area for over 20 years and just recently found The Maze Stone Restaurant. It is located at the Country Club at Soboba Springs. My husband had went golfing with a friend and found they were open to the public and had a beautiful restaurant. He took me for our Anniversary. The dining room is intimate and has a beautiful view. Our server Josh was knowledgeable and attentive. We were greeted by the hostess promptly upon arrival and walked to our table. The water was served right away and we were given information on the soup and special of the day. I had the short ribs and my husband had the Rib eye Steak. The short ribs were fantastic. They melted in your mouth. Our overall experience was wonderful. I just learned they do live entertainment, have Sunday Brunch and are planning other fun stuff like pool parties and Monday night football. We will definitely be returning. It may be our new favorite spot.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ann H
Los Angeles, California
“Great food but something was missing”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

First of all I should mention that the Maze Stone restaurant is inside the Country Club at Soboba Springs. This was technically our second visit since my wife and I had our wedding reception here two years ago. However it felt like a lot was missing this time. I made a reservation because their website said it was "not necessary but recommended". When we got there It was obvious that It was not necessary because it was 6:30pm and there was no one there besides two older couples. Anyways at least it was quiet and the restaurant looked really nice and fancy with huge fire place in the middle and a great view of the golf course. The hostess took us to our table by the window like I asked, however It wasn't set up yet which really upset the hostess. This wasn't a huge deal for us though and the hostess quickly cleaned up and set up our silverware for us and then the waiter came to give us our menus. Our menus however were very limited. There was not a whole lot to choose from and none of the foods we were offered during wedding reception were on the menu. It took us a while to finally decide on what we wanted and by this time my wife began expressing how disappointed she was. Perhaps because I made reservations, which I usually don't do, we were expecting something more amazing but that didn't happen. Now I probably would have gave this restaurant 3 stars had it not been for the food. My wife had the pasta primavera and I had the 10 oz steak and fries. It was delicious! By the end my wife was happy with the food and she appreciated that the waiter constantly checked up on us. In the end, we had a decent time. I did some more research on this restaurant afterwards and it seems like the best time come is during lunch or there Sunday brunch. I think next time we'll try that instead.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank michomeow
Arizona
“Quality is affordable here”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It can be hard to find a nice intimate restaurant and The Maze Stone at the Soboba Country Club is just that- nice and intimate with reasonable quality food and friendly service. We haven't been disappointed with anything on the menu. Everything is fresh and gourmet delicious. Their happy hour in the bar is even more delectable with their 6.50 appetizer menu consisting of shrimp cocktail, calamari and more, including their must have bison sliders. Cocktails are just as yummy. You can also enjoy their outdoor seating with great views of the golf course.

• Visited March 2013