“Great place to stay.”

Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in San Gabriel
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was in San Gabriel for business and this hotel was a perfect location for me. The staff was helpful and friendly the food in the restaurant was great and my morning room service was timely and good. Will definitely stay here again when in San Gabriel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I happy to see that our location and services are a great fit for you. We look forward to having you back real soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My guest are Chinese and felt welcome and had their needs met in full. the area of the hotel could be in almost any country in Asia and offered a very comfortable environment for all. this hotel has smoking rooms that are very important to my guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review on Trip Advisor. I was glad to see that your guests enjoyed their stay and that they will be returning in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Never go to San Gabriel Hilton-Biggest Ripped off in my life and terrible service from the front desk to the manager in charge. They treat you like the most stupidest person in the whole world. They do not care you will stay at the hotel at all as too many non-English Chinese must go to this hotel. Their attitude is extremely NEGATIVE and their Service SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I was sorry to hear about your experience via Trip Advisor. I did some checking into your reservation and found that the main issue was your room rate. I am confused about why you were unhappy with the room rate since it was booked through Hilton Reservations. When you attempted to have it reduced upon arrival the manager tried to explain to you that she could not reduce it to a lower rate. I apologize that they were not able to convey this to you properly. I saw that your reservation was booked a day before arrival when all of our lower rated rooms were already taken. I would recommend when booking hotel rooms at least 2 weeks in advance to get the best rates. This will help with your frustrations instead of trying to negotiate when you arrive at the hotel.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I looked at over 12 venues in the Los Angeles area to select one where we could host our wedding function.
We sought to have great service in a well-designed salon, along with great food and drinks to share with our guests.
We also wanted to choose a place that felt "familiar" as opposed to just some corporate salon in some fancy hotel offering a standard party package.

At the end of our research we found the Hilton San Gabriel to be head and shoulders above any other place in a 20 mile radius.
The Hilton San Gabriel may not be cheap, but with very good reason: the Hilton San Gabriel offers a great location in the heart of the Chinese district in San Gabriel/Alhambra/Monterey Park.
The hotel is very well maintained - "clean" is an understatement.
The staff is friendly, professional, and well-trained.

We were introduced to Medeline (manager of special events) who was a joy to work with.
She collaborated with all of our wedding vendors, helped us through the careful selection of our wedding features and deails, and was an overall great hospitality professional to work with.
The staff at the Hilton San Gabriel will truly go out of their way to make your party a great success.

It is impossible to say enough good things about the San Gabriel Hilton.
They are without a doubt the top contender in hospitality in the San Gabriel/Monterey Park/Alhambra area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. It was great to hear that you had an enjoyable Wedding Reception at the hotel. This was a very special day for you and I’m glad that Medeline was able to make this possible for you. Hopefully you can come back for your Anniversary.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice when we were in La.
The front desk staff were great they went out of there way for us.
The room was nice the only down side to the room was house keeping kept waking us up early
which wasn't good after a late night in town.
Lots of off street parking.
Breakfast the first stay was not good they didn't replace the food when it ran out so there was very little choices to eat.
the next time we went there they were replacing the food quicker.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank now2mark

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the disturbance that was caused by housekeeping and the food in the restaurant. It was good to see that the restaurant did correct this. I was happy to see that even with these inconveniences that you will stay with us again when you come back to LA.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Loved this hotel! The room was very comfortable, bed was super soft, neighborhood was nice and it was close to the highway but not too close. There were shops nearby and parking was free when I was there. Loved it and would absolutely stay again. I was sad that I didn't have more time to enjoy it but I was on a business trip and had to move on.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I appreciated seeing that you enjoyed our new beds. We were one of the first hotels to install the new Hilton Bed program. I also saw that you enjoyed the shopping that is adjacent to the hotel. We look forward to having you back real soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very Nice hotel. Nicely priced. Staff awesome! Wedding reception was very good. Terrace level was very nice for a wedding. September is a little hot for an outdoor wedding. Lots of places to eat & shop in the area. Lots of authentic Chinese Restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor. I agree that it was hot in the Garden Terrace but our guests enjoy the area so much that they are willing to overlook the heat. Plus its hard to tell exactly how the weather will turn out when the event is planned. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the reception and the area that the hotel is located. Hopefully you'll be back to the see us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Gabriel
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
DusitD2 Hotel Constance Pasadena
The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd.
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena

Been to Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel? Share your experiences!