“Great stay!”

Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in San Gabriel
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was so happy to find this hotel. It is close to my business necessities in the San Gabriel area, as well as convenient to local restaurants and cultural sites. The hotel staff is very courteous, the rooms clean, and beds exceptionally comfortable. I have recently changed hotels due to issues at my previous location, and Hilton San Gabriel was an excellent find. Also, as a Diamond member the complimentary breakfast was excellent. Thanks again Hilton San Gabriel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ckckckckckck
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments about the staff and my hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast in the restaurant.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here during a busy weekend for the Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita. The staff at this hotel are just exceptional. They were helpful with everything, including directions to stores, fixing the room phone within minutes of my mentioning a problem, calling taxis, and recommending restaurants. I had a great swim in the pool, and enjoyed the clean, quiet room. Dinner in the restaurant was fairly limited and average. If you don't want to venture out to the great Asian restaurants nearby it will suit you. The breakfast buffet was good, but I didn't realize the gratuity was included until I left. I would prefer a breakfast where I just order what I want. The bar was very comfy. Across from the hotel is a very large "99 Ranch" grocery story with all varieties of US produced and Asian imported foods. I spent a good hour just poking around there and collecting snacks. A CVS pharmacy is about four blocks West. CVS carries local wines. The neighborhood is very vibrant with shops and restaurants. Although I live in LA, I didn't realize how much fun this area is. Adjacent to the hotel is a plaza of shops and restaurants. I ate at the "Yes Mighty." The hot pot with Kim Chi was fabulous, and I noticed many couples coming in to share the huge mountains of flavored shaved ice. It looks as though a lot of these little restaurants don't have liquor licenses, and I noticed a lot of families in them having a lot of fun. Parking Saturday night was a little tight because of a function at the hotel, but a level down were plenty of spaces. I would stay here again and recommend it to you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for the positive comments about the hotel and the staff. I was happy to see that you enjoyed our location and the different ethnic venues that we have in San Gabriel. I noticed your comment about the breakfast and we do offer an Ala Carte breakfast menu in addition to the buffet. I apologize that the staff did not make you aware of this.
It was a busy weekend for us and I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stay in quite a few Hilton properties but never have I found the hotel staff to be as exceptional as the employees I encountered at the Hilton Los Angeles/ San Gabriel. From the bellman, Eric, who had the much needed knowledge and willingness to help with a tricky luggage problem to Gary, the maitre'd in the restaurant, who greeted us so warmly each day and offered helpful suggestions for sightseeing and tours, to Annie, Felix, and Simon in the restaurant who gave outstanding service, to the Front Desk staff who assisted with everyday concerns--I cannot say enough good things about these people. Our room was large and nice, the location was convenient, and the parking was safe and easy. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Gold Hilton Honors receive a nice upgrade and buffet breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Carl B, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for writing the positive comments about my staff and mentioning them by name.
I share these reviews with them on a daily basis and it motivates them when they know that their efforts are appreciated.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Overall, this hotel I would rate as an average stay. I will say that the staff was very friendly, though. I did not sleep too comfortably, the sink in our bathroom was cracked and the restaurant had a very limited menu. On one of the nights of our stay, we came back to the hotel and an employee ran up to us and told us the parking lot was full, we'd have to find some where else to park. I told her that we were registered guests and that we had already paid for parking. She directed us to someone else and he said that there was an event going on and people from the street were parking there. I also explained to him about our status and he threw up his arms and was exasperated and said "fine, see if you can find some place to park". We wound up parking in an employee's spot and I went to the front desk and asked for a manager. I explained to him what had happened, where we parked and told him that we had better not be towed. He apologized and said okay and asked for our room number. I thought that maybe we would be credited for a day of parking or something for the hassle, but that did not occur. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

I apologize for the inconveniences that occurred with the parking. We had a large function in our ballroom and it exhausted all of our parking spaces very quickly. This however is no excuse for the conduct of the staff. We did have a plan to accommodate the hotel guests but unfortunately in your case this did not happen. Please give me a call at the hotel 626-270-2707 so I can get additional information from you and I will gladly remove the parking charges from your bill.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay. We arrived early at the Hilton San Gabriel on our last day in USA with one of our children suffering with high temperature feeling quite unwell. The wonderful woman at the front desk was so helpful, and found us a room to check in early so we could put our daughter to bed. The rooms were so big, clean and lovely. The downstairs restaurant we great with wonderful friendly staff. Only downside was the location was a little out of the way of where we needed to go. but all the pros out weighed the small inconvienence.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Carl B, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about my staff at the hotel. I was happy to read that we could make the additional accommodations available to you and hopefully your daughter recovered quickly. I will share your comments with my staff during our training meetings.

General Manager.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Be careful what you leave in your room if you want to keep it. Their staff has sticky fingers and we found that our things were gone through. It was very dissapointing when the manager did nothing about it.

Room Tip: Just leave all of your valuables behind and this would have been an excellent hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Carl B, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Nanette J.
I apologize for the conduct of my staff during your stay. I do not find this acceptable behavior and I would appreciate some additional information from you so that I can investigate this occurrence. Please call me when you have a chance. My direct line is 626-270-2707. If I can get the name on your reservation and the arrival date I can research the staff members that entered your room. Also was anything missing from your belongings?

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our room was spacious and very nice, quiet and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was excellent. All of the staff, from reception to waitstaff in the restaurant to housekeeping, was friendly and helpful. The only downside is that the hotel location wasn't convenient for us (in a busy, commercial neighborhood). The neighborhood is Asian, and the hotel caters to an Asian clientele, so Asian-speaking visitors especially will find this very convenient (we are not Asian-speakers, and did not find it a detraction at all). It is close to the Gambel House, San Gabriel MIssion and not that far from Mount Wilson Observatory (~1 hour drive, but of course an observatory won't be that close to any city).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pgscmk
Carl B, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for the positive review that you submitted. I was happy to hear that our location would not keep you from returning to the hotel. We do have many nice ethnic restaurants within walking distance from the hotel and they are very popular with the hotel guests. Thank you also for your comments on the breakfast buffet. We have been in the process of upgrading it to meet the needs of the different cultures that we serve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Gabriel
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park

Been to Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel? Share your experiences!