“Super delicious food that is worth the wait!”

Golden Deli Vietnamese
Ranked #3 of 230 Restaurants in San Gabriel
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Los Angeles, California
“Super delicious food that is worth the wait!”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Super cheap and excelent food that is worth the wait. Service is not efficient but the food makes up for it. A can't miss!

Chicago, Illinois
“Worth the wait!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We ordered more than we could finish. The food is extremely good. The menu has a wide variety of food.
The Pho has very tasty beef broth - which makes it the best! Other dishes we ordered were also very good.
This place does attract a lot of people all the time, but they give number for the wait list. So, we grabbed a number from the hostess and then went to find parking, which is also another challenge in that mall. But, all the work is worth it. I was advised by locals that if you go before 6pm for dinner, the wait is lighter.

Visited December 2011
Montreal, Canada
“Golden Deli's Pho is elixir of life”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I'm a white girl from the backwoods of Canada, so take that into consideration, but I have to say - this place rocks. Every time I've gone to Golden Deli to pick up take-out, the joint was packed, standing-room only, line out the door into the parking lot.

And the clientele appears to be primarily Vietnamese, which, to me, is encouraging, since it's, well, a Vietnamese restaurant. I figure, if people from the same country -- people who know how to make the exact same food (at least the grandmothers; certainly not my Americanized college buddies, those crashing disappointments) -- if they line up to spend their hard-earned cash on Golden Deli's menu, it's got to be pretty decent. And is it ever.

I tend to stick to the basics, coward that I am, and always order pretty much the same thing: Pho Tai, the classic Vietnamese soup of rice noodles and paper thin slices of rare beef in a fragrant beef broth, garnished with basil, mint, bean sprouts and fresh lime. And speaking of hard-earned cash, mine in particular, Golden Deli is delightfully affordable. To wit: two orders of Pho Tai (extra beef) and a large order of spring rolls comes to less than $20.

As for their service, I think it's awesome, if a bit manic and rushed. I have wheat allergies, so any place that has staff willing to go check with the cooks as to whether they use soy sauce (contains wheat) in a dish gets an immediate 10 in my book.

But back to that Pho - it's like the fountain of youth. Sick? Skip the chicken soup and head straight to Golden Deli for some of that Pho. It just tastes like life, the kind of life you'd kill to get; it's that rejuvenating. I've thought about learning to make it myself, but realized a while ago that that would be a waste of my time. I could spend 20 years practicing my broth techniques, but I'll never hold a candle to Golden Deli. They've clearly sold their souls to the devil, and God bless them for it - their Pho is that good.

• Visited August 2011
California
“I was impressed”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The food is great. Wish I could tell you what I had but family ordered and I am still trying to learn the names. I do know the the curry is great and not like India curry at all. It can be very busy in the resurant and they do expect you to know what you want as soon as you sit down. But most of the customers already do and the food is served very fast as it is ready. We shared everything so this was not a problem for us. We took an order of the chicken curry home and it was just as good the next day.

• Visited October 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Those fried egg rolls! They're my favorite anywhere!”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Those fried egg rolls! They're my favorite anywhere!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook