“Must have Mexican after touring the Mission”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lunas Restaurant

Lunas Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 227 Restaurants in San Gabriel
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Riverside, California, United States
“Must have Mexican after touring the Mission”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I spent a couple of hours touring the nearby Mission San Gabriel Arcangel one afternoon in late August. Filled with history, we were in the mood for some good Mexican food and a couple of cold cervezas.

Lunas Restaurant didn't disappoint. They say you can tell if the food is going to be good by sampling the Salsa. This has turned out to be true. Chips came with two choices, mild or hot. Go for the hot salsa and a cold Corona (or two). The salsa was chunky, fresh and flavorful. That meant the food would be the same.

We both ordered the fish tacos. Nice pieces of grilled fish, shredded cabbage and soft corn tortillas, served with rice and black beans with melted cheese. Plates were hot. We also ordered the Avocado Enchiladas, which were excellent.

This is a family-owned, casual place in a perfect location. Within a block of the Mission and nearby San Gabriel Mission playhouse. Across from the restaurant is a quaint park with a huge and ancient grapevine, still bearing fruit. Our only complaint was that it was HOT. Late August. Ceiling fans and an upgrade to the air-conditioning would be welcome.

1 Thank MichaelScott2013

“Fresh and homemade”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband I come often. My husband often orders the carne asada tempiquena while order I order the costa azul shrimp. Before the meal is brought out they bring out freshly warm chips with 2 different style salsas. Over all the atmosphere is very clean, the servers are friendly but it's the delicious food that keeps us coming back.

“Delicious”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Came here after church and the food is delicious. I had the chichen mole and loved it and my husband had the chili verde burrito was excellent and big. You can tell everything is fresh and the restaurant is very clean. Service was friendly and good.

Northern California
“Nice place. Good food.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We enjoyed our food. I cannot say it was as good as home, but I can recommend it for most people. All the staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Visited July 2012
Rosemead
“Great Mexican Food at a Good price”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I eat here with friends after church once or twice a month. The food is delicious and authentically Mexican. Love the menudo, the enchiladas, the chicken in mole sauce. The waitress who waits on us knows us. They are always accommodating. It is clean, well set up. It is located just across the street from the San Gabriel Mission playhouse. It's one of our favorite restaurants in the area.

Visited January 2013