“Clean, Peaceful”

Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in San Dimas
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was very impressed with Best Western. Workers are very friendly. The facility is very clean. My stay there was very refreshing. Location is very easy to find with restaurants and gift shops nearby. They have a workout room, swimming pool, and complimentary breakfast and drinks.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
monzy043, General Manager at Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Jimmy,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We appreciate your compliments to our hotel including our staff, location, breakfast, managers reception etc. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 909-592-0500.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The staff is extemely helpful there and very accomadating. The breakfast was yummy, they make omelets, eggs, sausage, waffles and belgium waffles as well as yogurt, juices, boiled eggs, bagels, muffins and they have danishes and you can toast your bread. They are pretty quick about getting your breakfast to you, yes they make it to order. We enjoyed a romantic weekend thanks to the Best Western.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Francine P,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We appreciate your compliments to our staff and our cook to order breakfast. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I look forward to staying here to go to the Pomona NHRA Drags. It is an excellent place to stay and very convenient to the race track and surrounding restaurants. I would stay here for other reasons also.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
monzy043, Manager at Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our friends who have stayed her at least once every year for over 20 years recommended it to us and we are glad they did.This hotel has been completely redone with up-to-date finishes and conveniences which we really appreciated. I expected a standard double room and we got a new, comfortable bed, huge flat screen TV, and a complete sitting area with a couch, coffee table and side chair. It came with a frig, microwave and coffee maker. Even though there was a pool in the center of the complex it was very quiet at night. That may have been because the hotel was full of older adults attending the Grand National Roadster Show, which was an easy drive to the Fairplex from the hotel. The free breakfast included cooked to order omelets, eggs benedict, waffles etc. Nothing fancy about the dining area but food was delicious. The staff was friendly and most of them knew our friends by their first names. We enjoyed our stay very much. The only negative comments would be when the fridge was running it was a little loud and had no way to turn it off that I could find. And our room had adjoining doors to another room which wasn't soundproofed. When people were in the room we could hear their conversations fairly clearly but they went to bed early enough to not disturb any sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
monzy043, Manager at Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Gail P,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed here one night for a court appearance in Pomona. The room was well appointed with a huge flat screen television, armchair and good lighting. It was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff was efficient and friendly and the included breakfast was very good. The service was outstanding, and the overall appearance of hotel was appealing with the pool surrounded by a rose garden.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
monzy043, General Manager at Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Sldelgad,
Thank you for your participation in the survey. Your comments are important to us as we use them to correct our shortages or overlooked items.

Thank you for allowing us to service your lodging needs. We hope to see you again in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance , do not hesitate to contact me directly at 909-592-0500.

Regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here new year's eve with my family in order to visit friends. Selected this place based on very positive reviews, but must have been an off night or I'm just unlucky. Room had a pullout couch and a king bed at first look I was pleased. As I was readying the pullout bed for the kids late in the evening I noticed that there were no sheets or blankets. Simultaneously the toilet was backed up after its first flush by my 7 year old son. No problem for this Marine and I head down to the front desk to solve the issues. Front desk is locked up and closed down. There is a bell to ring from the courtyard. I ring that with no luck. I move around to the front and ring again. This time I get an answer. After displaying my key through the glass, she unlocks the door. I explain my issues and she hands me a plunger in a plastic sack as well as one bed sheet. I was told to return the plunger in the morning. I asked if this was two sheets and she checked and got a second one. Chilly night but we made it happen. I fixed the toilet then a maintenance man showed up at 0630. Not to check on the room but to retrieve the plunger. I tried to mention this to the clerk at checkout but she was too busy on the phone. Frankly I was ready to move on at this point!

The one saving grace was the excellent breakfast. Cook was very friendly and made pancakes and good made to order omelets.

Overall a little attention to detail on the service would have made a huge impact for me. It's not that there was a problem, it's that no one seemed interested about it that really surprised me. Staff not rude, just aloof. Should be an easy leadership fix with some engagement and supervision.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank James C
monzy043, General Manager at Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear James Compton,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Allow me to clarify a few accusations that need explaining. We are a limited service hotel but our front desk is available 24 hours. You came to the front desk at approximately 2:00 a m, and were highly intoxicated from your New Year's eve outing. At that hour you were given the plunger and bed sheets because there is no maintenance staff available at the hour.

We do not prepare a sofa bed unless it is requested at the time of reservation or before arrival. For security reasons on this special night, guests
were directed to re-enter the building through a specific door which you overlooked the signs posted with instructions to use the alternate door.
At the time you were given the plunger, you were told that the maintenance department would not be available until 7:30 a m. If you were awaken at 6:30 a m, it was not a staff person unless your time line was skewed. Again I am very sorry for your poor experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 909-592-0500.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night shortly before Christmas. The room was very clean, and the furnishings were good. The bed was especially comfortable.The room included a small sitting area, a microwave and small refrigerator. A complimentary breakfast was served including made to order omelets prepared by a friendly staff member. The price of the room was reasonable. We did not have time to take advantage of the pool or hot tub or exercise room but all looked to be in great condition. This is a great option if you want/need to be east of Los Angeles. It is not convenient to the points of interest near Los Angeles and traffic can be a problem during morning and evening commutes but that is true anywhere in the Los Angeles, Orange County areas.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Julie,
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We will continue to raise our standards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Dimas
Comfort Inn Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 15 in Pomona
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont

Been to Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!