“Don't expect what you don't pay for.”

Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Dimas
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Don't expect what you don't pay for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2009

Perfect 2-star motel. Central courtyard is very pretty and full of birds (whose mess on the benches is not cleaned up all the time). Unheated pool, which would work in hot weather but not when we went. The "jacuzzi spa" was very warm. Coffee in the lobby and vending machines; otherwise no food. Location was perfect for where we wanted to be. Staff very attentive when contacted.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2008

Room infested with roaches. Moved to another room, also infested. Got refund, left right away!!!

• Liked — Gave Refund
  • Disliked — dirty, roach infested!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these San Dimas hotels

Morgan, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

I was very impressed with this room, especially for the price. I had a King room with a desk, with a fridge/microwave combo. It was a bit noisy but not that bad.

• Liked — the desk area in the rooms and the beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — the noise
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Luis Obispo, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2006

Check-in was 2pm. We arrived at 2:45 on Friday afternoon 5/12/06 to get cleaned up for a school program. A gal in the lobby was being told her room wouldn't be ready until 4pm, and she had been told she could get in at 1pm because she was getting married and had her wedding dress in the car. She needed to go to the airport to p/u guests and many errands to run. Naturally, she was upset about the delay. The clerk spoke to Housekeeping and was told they’d hurry.

The Motel Clerk then said OUR room wouldn't be ready until 4 but they'd upgrade us and rush to get us in by 3:45. NOT!! We waited in the car. Then she said our room would be ready by 4:15--NOT! Said ready by 4:30--NOT!! Got run-around. We tried to get a room at the motels a block away, but they were full. Gave up in frustration. After 2 hours of sitting in the car, we left @ 4:45 to take shower at relatives house down the freeway. Crummy deal. Got back at midnight and checked in at Red Roof. We indeed had a “suite” but it was actually 1 big room w/half wall divider. Our 'no smoking' room smelled of stale cigarette smoke and the bed was terrible (room 237). The ad says ‘remodeled rooms’ but it was not impressive. At least the bed was clean. All they made were promises and they didn't have the staff to clean the rooms from people staying on a Thursday night. Would not go back. We're going to San Dimas again this week and we're NOT staying at the Red Roof Inn.

San Luis Obispo, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2004

I stayed 2 nights in late January 2004. I picked this motel because I was on a tight budget ($49.50/night) and it was close to the Fairplex.
I would not stay there again because it is right on a freeway, and the noise was terrible. The building is parallel to the freeway, and there are exterior corridors, so you can't get away from the noise. I had reserved a room as far from the freeway as possible, but instead they gave me a room that was as close as possible. They wouldn't give me a different room the first night because they were booked up; I changed rooms the next day, but it wasn't much quieter. I had two upstairs rooms (for some reason they wouldn't give me a downstairs one; maybe those were all smoking) and the upstairs rooms were level with the freeway.

The attendants were pretty nice about switching rooms, although they acted as if they couldn't believe the roar of the freeway could bother anyone.

The upstairs rooms had high ceilings, and were a decent size. There was a microwave and refrigerator. There was no breakfast. The first room was pretty grungy - stains on the sheets, pillow cases, and towels. The floor in the bathroom was disgusting, and so was the shower curtain.
The heat did not work in the first room - I had it turned up all the way all night long, and it never put out warm air. When I came in to move my stuff, a guy was in there to check the heater, and it was working for him so I don't know what was wrong with it.

The second room was a little cleaner. Except that I flipped the mattress because of the sag in the middle, and boy is it hard to sleep on a motel mattress once you've seen what has been spilled on there.
This one had remained wet so long there was mold along the whole side.

I would not stay at this or any other Red Roof Inn again. After not being able to sleep the first night, it ruined my day and was not worth the money I "saved". If you really want to save, you may as well go Motel 6 or Super 8.

6 Thank Ostara864
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 14 in Pomona

Been to Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex? Share your experiences!