“Stellar Experience”

Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Dimas
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in San Dimas while attending the NHRA Winternationals last weekend. We've stayed there for many years and have always been treated well but our last stay was amazing. Two of our close friends decided to attend the races with us and rented the room next door to ours. They checked out on sunday morning and left for home right after the races on sunday. We stayed sunday night before heading home the next day as we had further to travel. On monday morning I received a call from our friends asking if we could check with the office, they thought they had left her purse in a drawer in their room. I talked to Lisa at the check in desk and she informed me that Patty with housekeeping had turned the purse in. She also told me that they had tried to contact our friends without success but if I could reach them and get permission they could release the purse to us. I checked the contents in their presence at the check in desk and everything was there! Cash, debit card, ID, etc. These Red Roof employees deserve such a pat on the back! They are just amazing. Since we had to pass through our friends home town on our way home, we returned her purse that same day. It's so wonderfull to deal with honest, reputable people.

Room Tip: Red Roof Inn in San Dimas is a little secluded so not much random traffic. They also have security o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Mr. S.
Thank you for your kind words for my staff. We have a Great group of employees and each one of them have the values, respect, and understanding that make our guests return year after year.
See you soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This Red Roof Inn can be a good experience if the guest is careful. Some rooms are being renovated. It would be best to inspect a particular room before checking in. I found the staff to be professional and courteous - notably Lidia. There is sometimes a parking problem, depending on the time of arrival. I found no problem with cleanliness. Those who want to get away from potential freeway noise can do so if they specify a room away from it. There is good coffee service in the lobby. There are new flat screen TVs. The price is lower than some of the other new, modern facilities within a mile of this location. The location is convenient to a neighborhood shopping center that includes a Lowe's Home Improvement Center.

Room Tip: I recommend inspecting the room before checking in.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Red Roof Inn during your recent trip. Yes we are currently remodeling our rooms and now have flat screen TV's to add to your enjoyment.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stinky room nasty ,, says non smoking i don't believe it. Bed spreads were stinky too... no soap in room for shower.. 1/2 roll of toilet paper we had to ask for more... carpet very nasty needs to be cleaned.. not a value for the price... dirty table in room i had to wash ..i was afraid to be touching anything in there..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ApplevalleyTIM
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Guest,
I do apologize for the concerns you addressed while you were staying at my property. I will address these concerns with my housekeeping staff and work to ensure that this does not occur again and I will continue to work on re-training of my staff to ensure the highest quality rooms possible.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Had to pass by againn stopped by to visit some old freinds the redroof in San Dimas ,,is still dirty,,,still has homeless people wonering around,,sneaking all over the place,,some people had their cars keyed and damnaged ,,and heard story of a long time resident who follows female guest around to molest them while the motel management and staff do nothing to stop this problem,,they also have some very skinny maintenance man there who seems to stand around smoking cigarrets than doing work,,just how bad can it get,,,? not much

Room Tip: beware of this place , keep your wife and children away and safe
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Dejah H.,
I appreciate the information that you provided regarding guests and I will follow up to have this corrected and prevent this type of behavior in the future. Our employees do take breaks and lunches and are permitted to smoke the at the end of the property if they choose to do so. However, I will mention this to them and let them be aware that they are being viewed in this manner.
Thank you for taking the time to inform me of these areas of concern and be assured that I will address them immediately.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Ok , where to start.. I work for the United State Government and had to be relocated to California, I found this Red Roof location on Craigslist as they were advertising for $199.00 a week, when I got there it was $305 and some change. Not what they advertised for. Thats not the main issue with me , here is the issue ; a guy that lives there for some time now came up behind my wife and grabbed her butt and pulled her towards him and she screamed for me and I came outside and ran him off, we called the office and 30 minutes later the lady for the office came asked if we were okay then left, an hour or so later the same guy was hiding behind a car and once I walk inside he came out from behind the car and charged at her again. I again ran him off and contacted the office and that time there were neighbors outside that saw this happen and we all ran him off and found out the room number he was in. The next day we requested to talk with management and the manager (general manager) came to talk with us and states hes no harm , hes harmless and I stated no; grabbing a female the way he did is not harmless . She offered to move us to another room and the room she wanted to move us to was nasty, bug infested and was a downgrade from the room we were in. I asked why cant you have him leave as it states in the contract that if someone causes problems they would have to leave, she states she cant make him leave because she would have to evict him. So we stayed in the room and at that time I missed 2 days of work due to safety concerns. The following day the same guy came back with his hands in his pants being very provocative towards my wife and at that time security was on site and saw him and advised the office to call the cops and the office didnt want to so we did. They orderd the guy to not contact us in anyways and theres still pending charges. The office faild to protect us by allowing someone like this stay there. This is not his first time doing this to people and the office knows this as 2 (nice) people that work there and a security guard advised us that management will not do a thing and this guy has set fires to cars, and chasing females around the hotel . This is not a safe place in my eyes. I will be filing a lawsuit and thought its best to tell everyone whats going on there. I also recorded some of this guys actions as he charged at a 65 year old ladtyand I had to stop him, I showed the office that video and they did nothing to protect anyone! The older lady left and found a safer place to stay. As of now my wife are on a do not rent to list because we called the cops and I recored that conversation I had with management to prove what they are doing. ALSO , they say pets stay free and thats not true! The place has bugs, has people outside drinking at night, guys chasing females around that they dont know, office staff that will not help protect there guest and the list goes on! I am reporting this red roof inn to local, state and federal agencies. Protect yourself and family and find another hotel!! I have 10 statements from other guest at this location , recorded events of the way management lies and what they have said, recorded actions of this creepy guy and a police report. This report will be posted to every hotel and travel sites in the United States! We have also been pointed to many other families that has had similar situations as this and if I have to I will help file a class action lawsuit!

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank LTNSA
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

To LTNSA,
We are looking into the issues you mentioned as I previously discussed with you. It is unfortunate that you encountered a rather unusual situation and I am hopeful all will be cleared up for you in a timely manner.
Hopefully you will enjoy the remainder of your time while you are in the San Gabriel Valley.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have been coming here every weekend, great pool, you can walk to restaurants, great peeps. Lidia is the best - she always finds us a room we love - that's really why we have been coming back. It's right by the freeway - easy access. We feel safe here and it's quiet at night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline N
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was our 3rd state to watch Drag Racing NHRA Finals in Pomona.
We don't need fancy, we just want a good price and a clean good bed.
MAN!!! We did not find it here. Pre-paid(trusting a national chain) so we where stuck
for 3 nights. Our bed fell off the frame, called to ask to be moved-can't do it. Waited for Repair Man to fix it(missing some of the races) enjoy some of the photos we took, and sent to corp.

Room Tip: Check other hotels in area and what their rating is and their pictures- ones Red Roof posted where n...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank travelingLindaK
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Linda,
I do apologize for the room you were given and the issues you encountered. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms, however yours was not one of them.
I appreciate your comments and will address these issues immediately.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Dimas
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pomona
Days Inn Of West Covina
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina

Been to Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex? Share your experiences!