“was nice”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Dimas
Winnipeg, Canada
“was nice”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

stayed a month at this location in room 135 I think it was ...its on main floor at the end of parking lot on the corner...was nice room ..could smoke outside my room on a concrete low fence they have nice pool area ..the hot tub wasn't very hot not sure why ...staff in lobby not so friendly but the housekeeping staff are always full of smiles...would stay there again...only negative was the laundry room was on second floor far away from my room.. and the ice machines were empty quite often.. Sizzler is right near it and kfc and mcD's

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Paula G.,
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, San Dimas, CA we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments.
We always strive to make each and every guest feel confident, significant and delighted.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.
G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Central California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a quick weekend trip this past weekend and stayed at this motel. Overall, the property is tired but okay for the price. My pet peeve is always bed comfort, the beds were horrible, hard as a rock. The room did have a big screen TV but the reception was snowy. The bathroom was old and tired and well past the point of a remodel. Overall the room was clean and probably worth the price. The location is great, right next to sit down and fast food restaurants. I did use the pool, it was refreshing, I was the only one there. The landscaping is nice since the property is older, it is very full grown. I think a bit of TLC to the property would make a huge difference and new beds are in order. There is also no elevator for the public to use. My old knees had to suffer the stairs all weekend.

Room Tip: The motel is right up against a major freeway, ask for one of the back row room farthest from the fr...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at our property for your "weekend getaway". We appreciate your comments and are in the process of updating our rooms. We are located in a quiet part of town and we are an established hotel in the neighborhood. Our frequent guests love the "garden" area with the roses and shade trees giving the property a quaintness other larger and newer properties lack.
Beds are a "princess and the pea" pecularity and we rarely have any issues with our beds, however each individual is unique and preferences vary.
We appreciate you sharing your views and hopefully we will see you in the near future.
Central California
Reviewed September 14, 2013

From my call to confirm my reservation, I was already impressed with this hotel. Very professional & welcoming staff. I booked through a discount site, so at some hotels, I have been treated "differently". The staff was kind & helpful & assured me I would have a no-smoking room and added a nice up-grade for good measure. Check in was a breeze, and my room was clean, cozy bed, comfortable & well-equipped. (and quiet). Great location near lots of restaurants & shopping, free & safe parking, too.I will definately be returning to this hotel! Many thanks! I could have stayed a week.

Room Tip: I was upstairs and couldn't hear a thing. There was a gorgeous pool, also- but I didn't have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear SKSA,
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn, San Dimas, CA we pride ourselves on making each and every guest feel special and we look forward to seeing you in the future when your travels bring you to our area.
San Dimas, California
Reviewed September 7, 2013

For its price and convenience, we recommend this hotel to rent. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, and friendly & courteous staff! Close to many good restaurants to choose from. San Dimas is a safe town to stay for Business or Leisure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Viveku,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our property. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Dimas.
Phoenix
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I could write a lengthy detail of my horrendous stay, instead..just the highlights.

Arrived at 1:00 AM. The clerk who was supposed to check us in was fixing something on the property. No note on the door. I just knocked and called for about 20 minutes until a security guard came and said the guy would be there in a few minutes.

Reserved two rooms with queen beds, got two rooms with full beds

Only one of the four lights in the room were functional. Curtains tattered, AC vent broken, water stains on ceiling and walls, carpet filthy.

I sent a letter to Red Roof inn along with the pics. I got a canned apology and was told they would send me a coupon for a free stay next time I need it. I never got the letter for the free stay. I sent another message to Red Roof explaining I never got the letter and they never responded.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Greg W
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Greg,
I do want to apologize for the condition of the room you were given and would like to speak to you personally regarding your concerns. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Travelers are raving about these San Dimas hotels

laverne ca
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I would to say thank you to red roof San dim as CA employee Lydia she is a conscientious staff member she goes above and beyond to ensure your stay is at the highest standard possible keep up the the good work Lydia frank c

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Frank C.,
I would like to thank you for your compliments about Lydia the Assistant Manager she is always pleasant and welcoming to all the guests. She is a natural at hospitality.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again when you are in our area.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I travel alot for business and stay in various levels of hotels/motels about 20 days a month! As a TV Reporter, I like to give an honest opinion. I have stayed at the Red Roof San Dimas many many times since 2007. I actually will go out of my way to stay there for both business or leisure! I have always found the front desk girls to be so warm and welcoming. I have never had a bad experience and they are always cheerful and helpful. In fact Lydia is one of the few desk clerks I remember from all my travels. She is just awesome! She may not always remember my name but she knows when she see's me and my four legged travel companion - my labrador, I am the CNN reporter! I never seen any male desk clerks in person but once spoke to a man on the phone and he was very pleasant. The rooms are always clean and fresh. Always clean sheets, towels and comfortable beds. The grounds are kept clean and inviting. I never have heard any disturbances or noises of any kind! In fact I find the property, the staff and the total experience to be that of a 4-5 star property! The internet, which is very important for me, is always excellent. San Dimas is a very clean, safe area/city/location to stay in and I feel very very safe there! If you get a chance to visit old town, which is next to the INN, you will love it! Kinda of a Old West feel that is very cute and fun to see! The parking lot at Red Roof is quiet large, very easy to drive into and get back and forth between the car and the rooms. The grounds are lit well and the view from the front office enables the desk clerks to keep an eye on all that goes on! I feel very very safe parking my car or a rental car there. Most important I feel safe staying at the property itself. The parking lot, the property itself is exteremly clean. It shows that the property manager has a professional expectation for all concern. The actual property is in a secluded corner of a small shopping area which keeps the riff raft and traffic noise away. The shopping area has a lot of food chains to walk too! On the main Boulevard-San Dimas Blvd, there are many types of restaurants and places to get either mexican, italian, chinese even Indian foods! It's a great location, very fresh and clean. I realize that they are now upgrading the rooms to their new look and I even consider the un-renovated rooms still to be in great shape! The Beds I have had where always the most comfortable and I do get a good nights sleep, which is good as I have a bad back. Each room has a microwave and fridge which is standard and they always work well. The television is large, great reception and had many many cable channels to select with wonderful reception. The vanity area is always immaculate and lots of counter space. The bathroom is always fresh and clean, never had a problem with the freshness of the towels, the room, the sheets etc. As far as noise, I never have heard any and never have seen any strange people staying or loitering there. In fact many guests over the years I have spoken to were very nice people just traveling the state. I feel any negative remarks made about the Inn, had to be from either people who are just hard to please types. You know the type, on a beer budget with champagne taste! If you need a good, clean, safe place to stay, where the only surprise will be how satisfied your stay has been,then pick this RedRoof. I think its an excellent, beautiful Inn and look forward to many more visits there!!

Room Tip: I like to stay in area by the front office. Many don't know there is a grassy area and the pool...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim M
Dear jmtz,
Wow, where do I begin to thank you for such a stellar review of my property.

The Red Roof Inn, San Dimas, CA staff and myself would like to say that our main goal is to provide each and every guest with the type of experience you experienced and we appreciate the compliments.

We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels bring you back to our area in San Dimas, CA.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Dimas
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 14 in Pomona

Been to Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex? Share your experiences!