“Great Overall Stay, FREE Internet and NO BEDBUGS!!”

Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Dimas
Oregon
“Great Overall Stay, FREE Internet and NO BEDBUGS!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this RR Inn for 4 days. We moved to this motel after a 2 week stay at Motel 6. I was a bit worried about staying here because of the reviews and the close proximity to the freeway but I figured anything had to be better than what my husband and I had just dealt with for the previous 2 weeks at the other place!!

Check in was a breeze. Front desk girl was very friendly. The grounds were nicely well kept. The one side of the motel is pet friendly; I enjoyed walking by and seeing the kitty cats peeking out the windows of some rooms. I never saw any pet messes or trash. Ever.

We stayed on the no pets side. Our first room was NICE!! It was located on the second floor inside the inner balcony, so we couldn't hear the freeway noise. It was very clean and smelled fine. It had a nice work station area with an office chair, plus another lounger type of chair in the corner. Also had a small fridge and a microwave and a coffee maker.

The bathroom was very clean. It had a very nice marble vanity, sink, and lots of counter space. Showerhead was great and sits high which makes it nice for the taller people like my husband. Only thing I did not like was that there were no shelves inside the shower for us to put our shampoos, soap, etc.. on. And the lighting in the bathroom was rather dim.

TV was huge! Air Conditioner/Heater worked great.

Our first rooms sink and shower drains had a drainage problem, though, and needed repairs so the next day we had to move to another room. No problem...The RR Inn gave us an even BIGGER, nice corner room!!! The only gripes we had with this room was that it was on the outer balcony so we could hear the freeway noise a bit more. Also had the same dim lighting and no shelving in the bathroom. We could not get the room very dark because it had two windows; my husband wound up waking up way before he wanted to because the morning sunlight would shine in. Not sure if the room just needs new blackout drapes or?? Still a very nice room though!!! I like the little lights above the bed for reading.

Our housekeeper, Ampon, was a total sweetheart!! She gave us all brand new towels and extra coffee because I had left the others behind in the other room. I asked for extra towels and she gave me those too!! My husband needed kleenex and she gave us an extra pack "just in case" he might need it. (He did.)

Both beds in both rooms were very comfy Kings. There was lots of pillows tossed on top. Hubby and I woke up without backaches, thank goodness!!

Free internet worked great!! A much appreciated novelty to have for us as we do all of our work from our computers.

Pool and jacuzzi area were nice and clean. I used the jacuzzi...it felt so lovely on a sore back!

Note to management: The bubblers on your jacuzzi are not working right and when they get turned on, they shoot a lot of water out of the jacuzzi and onto the deck.

I will be coming back soon to San Dimas and I will definitely be choosing this RR Inn as my home base. For $14-$17 a night more than the Motel 6, you get much better accommodations, free internet, coffee, microwave, fridge, bigger, more comfier beds, and a jacuzzi. My only wish and hope is that they get a weekly rate going to make the cost a bit easier on my pocketbook. ☺

Room Tip: Book online at their official site for the best prices. If you want sunshine, ask for a corner room...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Noodles913
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Noodles 913
First let me thank you for such a lovely review of my hotel and staff.
Our number one goal is to make our guests feel welcomed and take care of their hotel needs.
We appreciate your business and we look forward to your return visit.
Please stop by our front desk and introduce yourselves the next time you visit San Dimas.
Once again thank you for staying with us at Red Roof Inn, San Dimas, CA
G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Becker Mn
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed for a week because we were locked in. I asked for an extra blanket-it was full of cuts and old and hard. I wouldn't give it to my dog! The bedspread -cigarette hole. One mattress was all springs. Dirty carpet. Smelly room. YUCK! Not what it was built up to be by any means.

Room Tip: If there is one-we didn't get it. We had to change the first room we were given. It smelled awfu...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
jsoto213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Carolyn,
I first would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay at my hotel. I have viewed your photos and will address these issues with both my maintenance and housekeeping staff.
Our goal is to provide a clean and comfortable room at an affordable price.
Thank you for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these San Dimas hotels

Santa Maria, California
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My family and I stayed here on 12-16 through the 12-18 and it was a real nice time. We have no complaints if we needed anything we call the office and spoke to a wonderful person her name is Lisa De Anda Cruz, she was very helpful and was a great help. Thanks Lisa and hope you can help us again when we come to town.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Northridge, Ca
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I enjoyed our stay here The room was spacious and clean the pool had a cute garden next to it you get a comfy bed and wireless internet pets stay free so I can bring my baby with no hassle. The hotel was clean and tucked away in tree lined corner. All in all an enjoyable stay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Darin and Christi,
Thank you for staying at our property I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Red Roof Inn is pet friendly for people such as yourselves who travel with their pets. I'm glad to hear you liked our beds, free Wi-Fi and garden area.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the San Dimas, CA area.
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed October 10, 2011

we booked 2 rooms at this hotel, oh my they allow dogs on the property but no one cleans up the dog's mess. 50 character is not enough space, how about this i would never stay at this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Stay away is the best tip i can give
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
First, I would like to apologize for any inconviences you encountered during your stay. Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly hotel and there is a designated dog walking area where we regularly clean and monitor our landscape, however there are other businesses in the area that are not maintaned by us and this is where you may have noticed the concern. If you have other concerns please feel free to contact me at 909-599-2362.
Burns, WY
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here for five nights and had a wonderful experience. Staff was courteous and helpful and the room was very nice. Nicely landscaped interior courtyard and within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: The interior courtyard was very quiet and eliminated the sounds of traffic.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Red Roof Inn, San Dimas, CA.

Our #1 goal is to create a pleasant atmosphere for all our guests and my entire staff enjoys hearing such nice compliments as you gave us as a result of your recent stay. I will gladly share your compliments with them and we look forward to your next visit when you are in the San Dimas, CA area.

Red Roof Inn
San Dimas, CA
San Dimas, California
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed for 28 days, very friendly-family oriented facility. Staff is very professional, courteous and with knowledge, specially Ana, one of the receptionist. Facility is clean adn close to almost anything in town. Obviously, I shall return.

Room Tip: Any body going to Ranging Waters should stay at this place.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
First let me apologize for not responding to your review in a timely manner, however I do want to thank you for staying at our property in San Dimas, CA and for the compliments. We look forward to having the pleasure of meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations on your next visit.

Red Roof Inn
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Super 8 Azusa
Super 8 Azusa
#3 of 5 in Azusa

Been to Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex? Share your experiences!