“Wow, what a pleasant surprise”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - San Dimas
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in San Dimas
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here for three nights and loved it. Our favorite feature is that the staff doesn't come into your room every day ... you actually have privacy. Wow. The staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast on the go is simple, but it was all that we needed ... coffee and fruit, and there was a nice room to sit in and eat it if you wanted. The rooms were very nice and clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the free wifi was explained right up front. No need to beg. We had a great stay.

Room Tip: Check in early so there are options in case you don't like the first room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - San Dimas, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed the service our staff was able to provide during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Clean property. Friendly staff. Great location. Only drawback is no sit down breakfast, but the hotel provides a grab-n-go breakfast that provides a start to the morning. I've stayed there several times and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - San Dimas, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our associates made you feel welcome during your stay with us and that the Grab and Go breakfast provides a great start to the day for you. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I, too, had a very good experience with this hotel. The staff (Ron, in particular) was very nice, helpful and accomodating. The grounds and whole place is neat and clean. My partner and I are smokers, and this is one of the few places that still have a smoking floor (3rd flr). If you are not a smoker-I suggest not taking a room on the 3rd floor! - But the room itself was neat and clean. The kitchenette is perfect, the bathroom spotless. Wi-fi worked. So why did I not give 5 points? - They don't have king size bed, smoking available but the queen bed they do have is comfortable. Not a problem for me at 5'3" but at 6'4", my sweetie would've preferred a king bed. And although newly renovated, one desk had a few dark spots (like from ink or hair dye) and a scratch. Also, no, there isnt a hair dryer in the room, & only one ashtray. If we werent so exhausted, we could easily have asked for the hair dryer and an extra ashtray-& I am sure we would've received them promptly, but these things were very minor and not really inconviniences. They have what they call a "Get up and Go" breakfast from 6-9:30 am although we slept in and didnt partake-so can't give you an opinion on it, but I think its nice they offer it. IHOP is right down the street and that is where we brunched at noon. I will have further work to do in San Dimas over the coming year, so I will continue to call this place my home away from home on nearly a weekly basis. And yes, I wouldn't hesitate to reccommend this very conviniently located, very reasonably priced and very welcoming hotel. THANK YOU RON & EXTENDED STAYS!!! 2 more very pleased guests!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank starsong1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - San Dimas, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I called the hotel to see what the rates would be for my Turkish students, eight of them, and April gave me a great rate. I was nervous that, because of such a good rate, they would short my students. I live in San Dimas and I needed my students to be near me until they went to LAX. We left the University where I have been teaching English and drove to the hotel not knowing what we would find as we were given the best rate in San Dimas and being that I live there, I do not stay in hotels. OMG!!! The rooms were beautiful, the staff was helpful, curtious and respectul to my students, and their stay at this hotel was a memorable and happy one! Thank you Extended Stay America!

Room Tip: If you would like to stay for several days and would like to cook, close also to town. Perfect...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - San Dimas, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

My wife and I highly recommend the San Dimas Extended Stay America we called "home" during a stressful escrow while selling our home and when our future residence would be ready. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The room was laid out well, clean, comfortable and quiet and had been updated several month's earlier. Dollar wise, this was a bargain for the accommodations and the courteous staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank James M

Thank you for your dazzling review of our hotel. It is always a pleasure taking care of each of our guests, ensuring they experience a clean, friendly and comfortable atmosphere when staying with us; a "home away from home"

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations. Once more, thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

My stay at this hotel was a pleasant experience. The hotel was clean and well kept.
The staff was fiendly and ready to help at any time. Our room was comfortable, all appliances worked! I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: East side has a better view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - San Dimas, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles- San Dimas. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My family’s experience at the newly renovated Extended Stay has been nothing like Frank E.’s. Within the span of a few weeks, this hotel transformed before our eyes, with new furniture and a color-coordinated paint scheme, drapes, bedding, and carpet; faux wood kitchen/bathroom floors; and updated fixtures.

Our room is a studio apartment furnished with a recliner, a cushy brand-new Queen-size bed, matching 4-drawer dresser, night stand, and table and desk with chairs. The large flat-screen TV gets excellent reception on the local broadcast channels as well cable channels such as USA, TNT, TBS, Oxygen, Discovery, ESPN and ESPN-2, and premium channels Showtime and Showtime Too. The quiet, heating/cooling unit adequately controls the room’s climate and two screened windows provide natural lighting and air. The living/sleeping area features three lights and four separate electrical outlets.

The kitchen features an overhead light fixture as well as one in the stove hood. Appliances include a full-size refrigerator-freezer, a two-burner electric stove (with an exhaust fan), a microwave, and a small coffeemaker. We added our own slow-cooker and a small toaster oven and we use the free in-room wi-fi to look up tasty recipes. The cupboards are stocked with a saucepan, a frying pan, and dishes and cutlery for two people. A can opener, a pancake turner, and a dish towel and dishcloth are also included. We had no problem getting an extra place setting for our family. Something new: A Culligan water filter for the faucet!

Standard hotel supplies such as face/bath soap, tissues, toilet paper, and shampoo are included; if you forget your hair dryer, you can get a loaner at the front desk. The laundry room also includes a vending machine for drinks, snacks, and toiletries. And, of course, the room rate includes routine maid service with clean bedding, linens, and kitchen towels.

The bathroom has a large mirror above the sink area and an under-sink shelf. The adjustable shower head, good water pressure and temperature, bowed curtain rod, and exhaust fan/light help to ensure a satisfying bath or shower.

The hotel is conveniently located near (but not in hearing range of) the 57 and 210 freeways and within walking distance of public transit, a convenience store, coffee shops, several fast food joints, restaurants, and grocery stores. A gas station and a car wash are also nearby.

All in all, we’ve been happy at Extended Stay and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Head for the lobby daily between 6 and 9:30 a.m. for your choice of free coffee, hot tea, Quaker Ins...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so very much for your positive review of our hotel. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Dimas
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 15 in Pomona
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Best Western Plus West Covina Inn

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - San Dimas? Share your experiences!