“great bar, really bad food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“great bar, really bad food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went to see the live music in the lounge here last night and decided to have dinner also, bad idea. We had an appetizer of a flat bread pizza that was greasy, my husband had a dry burger literally nothing on it but a slice of onion and tomato, I had the chopped salad that was bland with runny blue cheese dressing, our friend had the ceaser salad that she said was terriable. The prices were way too high for this caliber of food. I would come here again to see music but for sure eat at home first.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Glendora, California
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Excellent steaks, Shrimp, Burgers, and Sandwiches!
Salad bar isn't extensive, but has a nice selection.
serving staff are very nice and accomodating.
We always have a good experience here!

Visited May 2012
Murrieta, California
“Smelled horrible; hard to sit in there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I hadn't been in this store for years. The minute I walked in I was overpowered by strong disinfectant smells. The ladies' room smelled like bubble gum; the rest of the restaurant smelled of another strong disinfectant smell. We nearly left.

We sat in the bar for a drink. We were the only ones in the entire store. The bartender and waitress chit chatted between themselves for about 5 minutes before the bartender came over. The manager should know that the waitress parked in the closest spot to the door -- don't you want customers to park there? She was driving a dark Honda.

I had a kabob. The meat was overdone. My friend's steak was good.

The salad bar was excellent. The offerings were fresh and cold.

If I go back to a Cask, it will be to the one in Rancho Cucamonga.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Lepha
San Dimas
“Good place to relax and enjoy good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

A fairly quiet atmosphere and really good food. The salad bar is the best.

Pomona, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Regretable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

I decided to go to the Cask N Cleaver in San Dimas because it was closer to me than the one located in Rancho Cucamonga, which I've been to many times and have always had excellent food. I went with my daughters on a Sunday night July 2009, and while there was barely anyone in the restaurant when we arrived around 6:30 p.m., we had to wait about 5 minutes to be seated. The waitress was curt and obviously wished she was somewhere else. I confirmed that they took the Entertainment Card and from that moment on, I felt like we were treated poorly.
One daughter ordered ribs, which were plentiful & good. Another ordered the Prime French dip, which she was disappointed in because it was so fatty. I ordered the Filet Mignon, medium. It came to the table rare. I sent it back & it was ??put on the grill again or microwaved??? - really unclear as to how they supposedly recooked it. It came back on the same plate with the same potato, which apparently had been microwaved as the sour cream was cooked! When I checked the steak upon it's return, it was medium rare but getting tough. I was afraid to send it back again!
When I got the bill, they didn't take off the ribs (the entertainment book said buy 1 entree, get 1 free, therefore we ordered 2 entrees & the Prime sandwich) , they took off the cost of the sandwich. I questioned this & the waitress (Robin) said she would ask about it.. I saw her speaking with the (balding) manager, shaking her head & them both laughing. But they fixed the bill. Normally I tip 15-20%, but this time I left a 10% tip, I now regret leaving any tip at all! It was not a pleasant dining experience.
If I ever go back to a Cask and Cleaver, it certainly will not be this one!

1 Thank NMBRN