“Average Stay”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in San Dimas
WA
“Average Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm a IHG Gold Member and frequently stay at this hotel chain for work. I recently stayed for multiple days with my husband and infant son. I called ahead of time to arrange a crib, and was told it couldn't be guaranteed. When we got there they informed us that the crib was now broken. I asked if they were planning to buy a new one, but couldn't get an answer. We ended up using the broken one (our choice), but the whole thing was a bit of a challenge. The hotel itself is relatively new, but you can already see many maintenance issues being ignored (water damage in bathroom, peeling paint throughout hotel, etc.). Amenities are limited, coffee is not provided throughout the day, and the breakfast is more limited than in other HIE hotels. If you stay in this hotel soon, it may be ok, but in a year or so, I'm guessing that the maintenance issues and cleanliness will be a real problem.

Room Tip: Top floor room was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Dimas, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear N8trGrl,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Horrible experience.
Somehow they screwed up our reservation and gave us an already occupied room. Walked in on a gross, hairy guy in bed*.
When we went to the front desk to get a new room the gal didn't seem too concerned.
The 2nd room they gave us reeks of cig smoke.
Waiting on a 3rd room...
*this is why you should always use the "chain" on the door to avoid surprises.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Dimas, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Ifurita,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and I regret your stay was negatively affected by the mix up in your reservation. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to these identified weakness.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very pleasant hotel close to the town and nearby transportation routes. Breakfast was typical and staff was friendlier than most assisting me with directions, suggestions on where to eat, and where to walk for exercise. Pool and hot tub were clean. Room was well maintained, clean, and I liked the little extra sink/kitchen corner. Would easily recommend. paid $109 on gov't rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a wonderful hotel. We came up from San Diego and booked 2 rooms while visiting family. The service was great from the moment we entered. Sam at the front desk was very helpful and nice. Both rooms were beautiful, large and exceptionally clean. The granite countertops and large flat screen TV were the icing on the cake. There was even a microwave and small frig in the room. Wow. We will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JT P
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was a very nice hotel with a courtyard center.
I always am a bit nervous when rooms open to the outside, but this was very safe.
You can't get to the courtyard center unless you enter the main lobby. (or you have a room key)
The hotel was pleasant and very clean and had a wonderful exercise room!
The bathroom had a large counter.
The staff were very friendly ... there was lots of shopping nearby.
San Dimas seems to be a nice community.
I would definitely return again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Eulalia_3
Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nice rooms! Good size & up to date. Stayed in a regular King bed room. Granite counter tops, big flat screen TVs, microwave, fridge, little kitchen sink, etc. Nothing you'd expect form an "Inn". Clean pool & jacuzzi. Free breakfast in the morning with a nice variety. Front desk & breakfast staff was very nice & helpful. Even tho you enter your room from outside (not in indoor hallway) the area is all gated in & you need a hotel room key to get in the gate from the parking lot. So not just anyone will be walking by your room. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank B T
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This Holiday Inn has an interesting layout - all the rooms seem to face the courtyard and pool area, but it was very quiet during my stay. Front desk was friendly and efficient during check in and check out. I had a suite and it was pretty clean.. pretty clean property all around. Lots of places to eat in the local area. It seemed pretty safe. I guess my one con against this property is they just didnt seem to "go the extra step" to make my stay that extra pleasent. Coffee needed replacing in the dining area when I checked in; could have used a few more towels, etc.. just that little extra I have noticed in other hotels that put them into the "excellent" catagory. But I stay in a lot of hotels, so maybe I'm just a little extra picky? I would definately stay here again and would recommend it for business travelers..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Comfort Inn Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 14 in Pomona

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Dimas? Share your experiences!