“Good Thai food”

Dining options: Reservations
Glendora, California
“Good Thai food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Good Thai food with nice atmosphere. Portions are a little small, but yummy. I especially like their soups. Nice lunch combos.

Visited May 2013

Crestline, California
“No Luck for Me”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The great promise of the Lucky Elephant is nothing but one big letdown. The place is beautiful on the inside especially for a strip mall type of place. The service is good and I did enjoy the desserts. However, I simply cannot recommend a Thai place where every entree I have ever tried is so depressingly bland. This is especially disappointing as the prices are higher than other Thai places in the area. One would think that paying more money would result in receiving tastier food, but that is sadly not the case.

Maybe this place is OK if one is not that experienced with Thai food or strong flavors are a turn-off. As for me, I will not return.

• Visited March 2013
Marina del Rey, California
“Lacks Thai Spirit and Flavor”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've been to this restaurant three times. Each time I've hoped I just got them on a bad day or at a bad time. But from all but one person on the wait staff, the feeling is less than gracious, less than accommodating, less than polite, no matter when I visit. The food is okay, though the portions are a little small for the value. I would recommend the owner return to Thailand and revisit the restaurants with a few things in mind: notice the effort made by Thai restaurant staff, from the greeters, to the waiters, to the cooks, to make visitors feel welcome. Also, pay attention to the beauty, flavor and portion size of Thai plates. One final tip: Consider making tofu that isn't squishy. Some of the best tofu I've had was in Thailand. The waitress asked us how we prefer it, soft or firm? We said firm. To our surprise, It arrived sauteed, not deep fired, and was firm and chewy, chopped small, served with veggies. One World, the vegetarian restaurant in West Covina makes it similarly. Check them out. And Top Thai, also in San Dimas, has the Thai Spirit and graciousness we miss at Lucky Elephant. Peace and much better things for you in food and in life.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank D S
Dania Beach, Florida
“Beautiful decor and delicious food”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is one of the most beautifully decorated Thai restaurants that I have been to. We started with the coconut chicken soup which was creamy and loaded with flavor and chicken. We then shared the red curry with duck and the pad thai. The curry was creamy and delicious with a generous amount of sliced roasted duck. The pad thai was a bit sweet for my taste and somewhat dry. Not enough peanut flavor and sauce. They do not include shrimp in their pad thai. Service was excellent. Prices are a bit high but the food is worth the price.

Visited January 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Wow! Fast, polite, delicious”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was a superb recommendation for lunch. Food was very traditional, great lunch value ($7.50) and the servers were highly attentive. Never been to San Dimas before, but should I return, this will be one place I'll visit.

Visited December 2012