“Raging Dirty Waters”
Review of Raging Waters

Raging Waters
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in San Dimas
More attraction details
Owner description: Raging Waters San Dimas has a lot to like about this summer! With more rides, slides and attractions than any other water park in California, this 50 acre water adventure is sure to deliver gallons of fun and thrills for the whole family. Featuring cabanas and picnic areas to host your next birthday party, family reunion, or corporate get together, Raging Waters is convenient and hassle free. Surfs Up! Can’t make it to the beach, then grab a board and catch a wave on the Flowrider. Need a little R&R, why not float down the Amazon River or catch a wave in the Wave Pool. Younger guests will never tire of Kids Kingdom and Splash Island. Whether you’re mild or wild or just in between, guests of all ages always have a raging time at Raging Waters, California’s Largest Water Park!Family fun is guaranteed at this 44-acre water park located 30 minutes from downtown Los Angeles.
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Me & my 5 year old daughter just visited this park on the last day of their season (9/21). The waters had tons of tree trash in them & no one seemed to mind it. I know it's a water park in the mountain areas but I think the waters could be a bit more maintained. There are only 2 small gift shops that do not offer much choices for purchasing nice souvenirs. The staff does not seem to be interested in the safety of the kids. There was a toddler area for only toddlers, but the lifeguard on watch was allowing bigger kids to run & crowd the area. The sand "beach area" had tiny painful rocks instead of plain sand that ran off into the water area which made it again , dirty. Last year I went to Soak City for the 1st time & though I would try a different park, but the overall feeling of Raging Waters in San Dimas felt dirty. The dressing rooms did not have doors either. I most likely will not return to this park.

4  Thank alestar
in 3 reviews
"blast"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2008

I felt that some people were nice and helpful such as the ones up front. I however, when I lost my son for an hour, and I asked around, the life guards and security guards were asking what his age was and said it was only an hour. Try being a worried mom for "only an hour with a missing child!". Another life guard said that there are too many people to look for as I let them know where my son was.
I finally found my son without the help from these comments from these life guards and security personel.
Then when the park closed, I was going in the bathroom and this worker named Shanel was screeming at me and followed me to the toilet that the bathroom was closed and I had to get out. I had to go to the bathroom really bad and said that it is better for me to go in here then outside. She called security because I went in to go. I said that she was not yelling at the women who were brushing their hair. I think that going to the bathroom was more important then brushing their hair. Anyway, I commented that I have a weak blatter and yet she had sequrity waiting for me outside. I am so humiliated!! I am sorry, I paid $200 and if the bathroom is opened with women brushing their hair, I have the right to go to the bathroom !!!

5  Thank DiscoStu69
Reviewed August 28, 2008

We just returned from raging waters a few hours ago, and are so disappointed I jumped on here to warn others from making our mistake. We are from the Midwest and recently moved to southern California. Needless to say we know water parks, Noah's Ark was a day trip away. After hearing Raging Waters was the BIGGEST water park in southern California, we thought "How could we go wrong!". Well, the answer is.... in every way imaginable.

This park is TINY compared to any reputable water park throughout the U.S., especially those in the Midwest and Texas. We went on a weekday as to avoid the crowds mentioned in other reviews. It is true that there were not enough people to make it crowded, but most rides still didn't have enough tubes or rafts for the few people there. The waits weren't too bad, many under 20 minutes, but they could have been a lot less had there been enough rafts and had the staff been more dedicated. A lot of the staff really didn't care to be there and were putting people through at a snail's pace.

The rides themselves were ridiculous. We are both in our twenties and were overwhelmingly bored with everything we went on. We went on all of the bigger slides and were not impressed. Maybe this would be a decent park if you are under the age of 12.

The wave pool is the biggest joke there, there are no waves, it is not remotely comparable to a real wave pool like Disney's Typhoon Lagoon in Florida. There are only slight swells every 7 minutes that go side ways in the pool.

The lazy river is more like an over-crowed bacteria festering lazy-creek, it goes in a tiny little circle that takes about 3-5 minutes to go around.

You will be charged for everything, from parking, to lockers, to shade.

The park itself was pretty disgusting, we arrived first thing in the morning, before the park opened, I was one of the first in the bathroom, and you could tell it had not been cleaned since the day before. The waste bins were overflowing with refuse and reeked of the unmentionable.

Many of the people there were a little bit shady, I would not feel safe leaving my belongings, or my kids, alone. The food was overpriced and looked inedible, they do allow you to re-enter so you could go to your car and eat.

I really can't say anything positive, except I positively will never go there again. All in all we went on most of the rides within 3 hours and couldn't wait to get out of there. I can't imagine how frustrated I would be if it were as crowded as people say it gets, and I had to wait for an hour for some boring slide.

You have been warned...... save your money, take a real vacation and go to anywhere in Wisconsin Dells like Noah's Ark, Schlitterbahn in Texas, Wet N Wild in Florida..... or anywhere but here!

4  Thank humbletravelerxx
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Since moving to SoCal (Santa Monica) a year ago we have been visiting slowly the attractions that the area has to offer. Today we spent the entire day at Raging Waters in San Dimas - 30 miles from Los Angeles. Let me begin this review by saying there were some positive aspects to the visit and that we really enjoyed our day at the park. We arrived around 9:30 for a 10:00 o'clock opening. We paid the lower price for parking, $10.00 instead of $15.00 for preferred parking, but were able to park only steps from the front gate and did not require a shuttle to get around the parking lot. We were approximately 8th in line at 9:30. Not bad when we had read in other reviews on this site that we needed to be there HOURS before the gates opened in order to secure a good place in line. Granted, we were visiting rather late in the season - although the weather is hot and perfect as it always is in Southern California - so it does not feel as if it is late in the season. (However by 9:50 a.m. there were approximately 100 - 150 people in line behind us.) We were the first in line to get a locker key ($11.00 for a small locker - large enough for two - $5.00 of which is refunded at the end of the day when you return the key - so the locker costs $6.00. Not an inconsequential sum for a locker rental to my way of thinking!) We hit some of the bigger rides first i.e. High Extreme, Speed Slides, The Vortex and Bermuda Triangle. These were all great slides and very effective - you could feel their effect - each in their own way. But it might have been a better idea to start on the other side of the park with Neptune's Fury, Dragon's Den, Dark Hole and Ragin' Racer and Thunder Rapids. These slides were not as great to our way of thinking and we only did each of those slides once - whereas we went on the slides on the other side of the park - the side we originally visited - over and over again - despite the longer afternoon lines. You will certainly have your own taste in Water Slides - we simply preferred the slides to the left as you enter the main gate. Okay, on to bathrooms, here we must note that the bathrooms were especially dirty - as other have mentioned - and I am surprised that they are allowed to become so completely disgusting. It is a simple thing to clean bathrooms throughout the entire day! Just do it! In all the bathrooms EVERYTHING IS WET. Now I can understand the floors being wet - it is a water park - but every surface is wet - like a Dane Cook joke. It is disgusting and the reason I cannot give the park a full five stars. On to food. We had two meals in the park. After reading the other reviews I thought we would have a very difficult time finding food we could stomach all the while being rooked by the very exorbitant prices. So we were surprised to find that while the fare is not at all carb-conscious or especially healthful (again, it IS a waterpark folks!) we found some pretty good food. For lunch we looked at the options: hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, corn dogs, chicken tenders, caesar salad, pizza and finally chose chicken sandwiches. They were served with A LOT of french fries that were actually pretty tasty. Well-fried and well-seasoned with a bit of Lawry's-like seasoning to make them more interesting. So many french fries came with the "meal deal" that I would NOT purchase their "large-fries-for-only-one-dollar- more" offer if I were you. That would just be silly! The chicken sandwich was char-broiled and also not bad at all - if a bit rubbery - but it was juicy enough and quite a nice meal. the sandwich was served with lettuce and tomato. Drinks are NOT included in the "meal deal" so that can run a bit more if everyone has a separate drink. We paid $21.00 for lunch for two chicken sandwiches that included fries and one (quite) large raspberry iced tea from the fountain. Pricey, yes, but we did not feel as if they had taken advantage of us. We spent the afternoon taking in more slides and while fighting the longer lines, sunbathing, reading and doing even more slides and the wave pool. NOTE: we did not do the Amazon River "lazy river" attraction as it was filled to bursting and did not look like it would have been fun at all. We did the wave pool last - it was your standard wave pool - perfectly acceptable. We did not do the Flowrider at all - although we spent a lot of time watching other people do it - which was enjoyable. We staked out a claim first thing in the morning for a chaise lounge with our beach towels. And I must say, our stuff (towels only) were not moved and our chaises were available everytime we required them throughout the day. (In other waterparks, I have "lost" towels that were stolen from us during the course of the day. Not the case at Raging Waters. This also applies to sandals and water socks. Everytime we chose to leave them outside the slide - they were there on the ground when we returned.) For an early supper we chose a slice of pepperoni pizza "meal deal" that DID include a drink this time and a corn dog - $11.00 total. The slice of pizza was HUGE and VERY WELL MADE! Yes, it surprised us too. They also sell a whole pizza (either cheese or pepperoni for $23.00 and I assure you it would be well worth the price and would feed six people at least - it is a huge pizza. The single slice is also very large - a quarter of the big pizza - and comes with additional parmesan cheese and red peppers - if you require them. Yum! Only one really negative note - line jumping and place holding (while prohibited at the park) seemed to be going on all the time. We have no problem confronting people who try this sort of thing and neither should you! We even saw one of the lifeguards allow his "friends" (two guys) to cut in front of 50 people in the line for the Dragon's Den. This is unacceptable in these situations where we all are required to wait in often long lines to go access these attractions of very short duration. It was the only real black mark on the day! Otherwise I recommend Raging Waters in San Dimas. It is no Noah's Ark Water Park in the Wisconsin Dells but there you get The Dells too!

4  Thank TravelinManSMonica