“Didn't meet our expectations”
Review of Raging Waters

Raging Waters
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in San Dimas
More attraction details
Owner description: Raging Waters San Dimas has a lot to like about this summer! With more rides, slides and attractions than any other water park in California, this 50 acre water adventure is sure to deliver gallons of fun and thrills for the whole family. Featuring cabanas and picnic areas to host your next birthday party, family reunion, or corporate get together, Raging Waters is convenient and hassle free. Surfs Up! Can’t make it to the beach, then grab a board and catch a wave on the Flowrider. Need a little R&R, why not float down the Amazon River or catch a wave in the Wave Pool. Younger guests will never tire of Kids Kingdom and Splash Island. Whether you’re mild or wild or just in between, guests of all ages always have a raging time at Raging Waters, California’s Largest Water Park!Family fun is guaranteed at this 44-acre water park located 30 minutes from downtown Los Angeles.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My children 7 and 13 have been begging for a trip to Raging Waters for years, so we decided to go for my daughters birthday in August. We knew ahead of time that we'd have to pay $15 (cash) for parking so we were prepared. We purchased our admission tickets online in advance using coupon codes found online to get a discount and that process was painless. We paid for a locker as soon as we arrived and set out to ride our first water slide. After we'd been waiting in line for about 10 minutes we started to wonder what was going on, why the line wasn't moving, was something wrong? Maybe we should leave and come back later? Come to find out, the line for almost every ride (at least 95%) is about 45-90 minutes! In the heat and sometimes, the sun! Once we got to the front of the line, they required us to take off our water socks which I thought was kind of annoying since the whole reason I purchased water socks for the whole family is because they fit snugly and don't fall off. So now we are all attempting to hold our shoes while holding onto the handles of the tube, while riding the water ride. When lunch time rolled around we started checking out what kind of food the park had to offer. We were fully prepared to pay a pretty penny - it's an amusement park - that's just how it is. But we were so disgusted at the prices that we actually opted to eat ice cream and skip lunch all together. $15 for a Carl's Jr. burger, fries and drink is insane! Seating was hard to come by and seating in the shade was almost impossible but we managed eventually. All of the tables were dirty and covered with trash that no one apparently was willing to throw away. In fact, the entire park was trash filled which I found disconcerting. There were a lot of bees flying around the table areas. I kept telling my kids to ignore them but they were aggressive bees and ignoring wasn't possible, so we ate fast and left. I also noticed that the rides were operated by mostly teenagers. I get that. Great place to work during summer break. But they didn't seem to be all that friendly nor did many of them seem to be too knowledgable of how to organize the lines appropriately. When my daughter and I stood in line for what I thought was a ridiculous amount of time for a kiddie slide (at least 45 minutes) I realized that the operator wasn't appropriately breaking the people into two lines for the two different slides. Instead everyone was just kind of willy nilly jumping around, taking cuts and doing whatever they wanted. After my daughter stood at the front of the line for about 5 minutes, I finally chimed in and asked if she could get on the slide. The operator kind of shrugged me off and said 'ya'. Almost like I was stupid for even asking. We all decided that was our last trip and that Raging Waters wasn't worth all the hoopla. But we are NOT done with water parks all together. We will be trying Hurricane Harbor, Knotts Soak City and possibly others in the future.

4  Thank Karla J

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Overall the park was fun but lacks seating around the attractions for those who are waiting for those on the rides. The parks staff "all of them" were very rude and not one ever smiled. Not sure if I'll ever go back???? The park is in need of a major make over. It's run down and dirty.

1  Thank Rene W
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I liked everything, all the rides are super fun. The food stands are expensive, but the dip-n dots are worth the money. This is my favorite place to go in the summer when I have the money to go.

1  Thank Tashton23
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

First time visit and the kids had a good time. Not to friendly for families with infants no pllace to sit. Don't forget your stroller because it is hard to find a place to settle down and watch the kids with a baby. Cabanas are expensive and not enough of them.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I took my 12 year old boys here for the first time and I can't believe how much fun they had! The rides vary from the daring to the tame and the park is a good size where it offers fun and not a day spent walking around more than enjoying the day. Lunch time usually means bad food at an outrageous price! But here, we found a place where one son had a chicken sandwich, another fried chicken (both with fries) and I had nachos, all very BIG portions at less than ten dollars a piece and tasty too! Get here early because parking is limited and the lockers that are close go fast, but other wise, get ready to get wet (don't forget the sunscreen) and have a great time!