“Great, authentic Mexican food!”

La Siesta Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 215 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Great, authentic Mexican food!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a favorite with locals. It is often quite busy because the food is great and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited July 2013

Portland, Oregon
“pass on this one.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Food was dry and had no flavor. Drinks took way to long to get to me. With so many other places..i would pass on this one, don't get fooled by the line outside..I did.

Visited July 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Bartender and service were Bad!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just a weird experience. We arrived and told their was a 25 min wait so we went to the bar to grab a drink. I ordered the mango margarita. On the menu it says it is served in a salted rim. (No salted rim) :( but the drinks are made with fresh fruit and this was so yum soo who cares about the salt :) bartender had NOOO personality and seemed like he had better things to do than worry about my salt. "Whatever"

After being seated. We were given our chips and salsa both really tasty. I really like their salsa!
The waiter comes over about 1 minute after we are seated and asks us "are you ready?" We couldn't have possibly read through this massive menu in 1 minute dude so give me a minute!!!!
After we ask for a couple minutes he walks away and comes back about 10 minutes later. Takes our order. We have no napkins but the waiter is MIA...
The food comes he drips it off. We ask for napkins and he turns around to quick for us to say HEY WE ALSO NEED silverware!!!! Hahaha it was one thing after another. But over all the food was really really good so if you aren't looking for kinda good service but some good messy Mexican I sag give it a whirl :)
I will never come back just because I thought the service was really bad and unapologetic. Also had a waitress puch my purse of the bar chair and roll her eyes. So sorey if my pirse was in your way!!! really?!?! A little shocking. There is plenty of great Mexican spots in the area. I don't need to come back.

• Visited July 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great food and service. Locals and wanderers mingle freely and are treated equally well by staff. Great value and fun for all types. Parking poor but worth it to go across the street to the drugstore lot and walk back.

Visited June 2013
“Great strong drinks and authentic Mexican food!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Great friendly service! Great food! Best margaritas around! Clean! We take all friends and family who enjoy real Mexican food to La Siesta! We go there 2 times a week! Great happy hour prices! $3 margaritas!

• Visited June 2013