“It's not your true New York pizza”

La Rocco's Pizzeria
Ranked #38 of 222 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Living my entire life in NY I consider pizza one of my favorite foods. Going to school & working in NYC for over 10yrs I have eaten alot of pizza! Loving CA & visiting often I was brought to LaRocco's by my cousin-a transplanted NYer. I expected alot and was disappointed. The pizza was only OK. The crust was very different-the toppings just okay-& the slices way on the small side & expensive. Yes I was disappointed but real New York pizza is ONLY in NY. Good try for someone who has never eaten real NY pizza-but for me it was just OK & barely satisfied my weekly pizza fix!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Daughter's boyfriend, San Clemente local and Jersey native said this is the place to have pizza. We have purchased a second home in town and he brought pizza while we were working on the house. He brought the pizza buy and it was exquisite. We have not visited the inside of the simple restaurant, but these guys do thin crust and it is excellent. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33012-d869169-Reviews-La_Rocco_s_Pizzeria-San_Clemente_California.html

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Happened upon this place by accident so it was just fluke that my husband and I ended up here. While vacationing in the area we stopped in town to check out the Farmer's Market and the town itself and went for a stroll. We wanted a quick bite while on our way so we popped in for a slice. Wow. We have at least 20 pizza places in the town that I live in in Connecticut and MANY MANY more in surrounding towns too. I've had pizza in several place in New York and all over New England but nothing comes close and, we had re-heated slices. I can't imagine what the fresh pizzas taste like. I was just POed at myself for not getting some to go! I will crave their pizza for sure.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Best pizza I've had to date outside of NY. We had the Bronx special with fresh garlic on top. Prices were good - place gets packed. They sell by the slice in addition to whole pies. Highly recommend.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

If you love thin crust pizza, eclectic varieties, in a take-out atmosphere, you'll enjoy this place!!! I think it's the best in town. Many others do as well.

The salads are what you'd expect. Caesar, mixed green. Creamy balsamic/Italian was quite good!

Garlic Knots really good!!!