“Warning! May cause addiction”

La Rocco's Pizzeria
Ranked #43 of 215 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
San Clemente, California, United States
“Warning! May cause addiction”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

OMG! It's like I've had pizza for the 1st time! My beautiful wife brought home a box of leftover pizza from La Rocco's last night. Inside were slices from five different pizzas and I tried em all. Best pizza I have ever had!!! And the crust!! OMG the crust is something I usually toss to my dogs but not this crust! I don't know what's in it but I'm pretty sure it's addictive. Let me go on record as saying I am a professional in the food business, I am something of a gourmet food snob and married to an Italian (also in the food business) and she really knows how to cook. We both agree that La Rocco's pizzas are head & shoulders above the crowd and put most other pizzas to shame. Warning! Try La Rocco's Pizzeria once and you will not be able to enjoy pizza from anywhere else ever again. They are on a whole different level. Prepare to be wow’d!

• Visited December 2012

San Clemente, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great NY-style pizza”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

They do pizza right. Nice guys run the joint. We've got a lot of good Italian food in SC but for a take-out pizza, this is a must. They do not deliver.

Visited November 2012
Bosque Farms, NM
“Killer pizza”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

You cannot round the corner on Camino Real without being drawn by the smell of LaRocco's pizza! Great options and they will add ricotta to any of their combo slices - yum!

Visited October 2012
Western Hemisphere
“A little skimpy, a little dried, but...”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Tasty pizza, a little dried for my taste, but a nice variety. Minimal ingredients such as cheese, sauce, etc. Very skimpy on toppings is what I am saying but their crust is pretty tasty. Attendants were very nice overall, a little attitude, but after all it is not Mc Donald's, it is nice to hear some cool music and watch youngsters at work. We ended up getting several slices of whatever they had on display since waiting for cooking was out of the question (too hungry and too impatient!). The couple of ladies with me liked the pizzas, specially one with spinach, etc. It certainly beats the Dominos, Pizza Hut and certainly the Papa John's, which personally I think sucks big lemons. Busy place, even at an off hour, for we arrived between 2:30 PM and 3:00 PM.
Michael Jenkins, Brennan were helpful, a little attitude perhaps, but hey, it is not Mc Donald's after all. Music was cutting edge, Rodolfo the cook has it down to a science and saving a lot of money in ingredients but the crust taste pretty good, only a little too dried for me. Still, not a bad place for pizza as many people that keep showing up I am sure can attest.
4 Stars!

• Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“GREAT pizza, convenient location & hours, so-so pricing”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were here on a recent visit to SC, and though no one was in the mood for pizza, we went because there was nothing else open & we were starved. Well.....!! What a great surprise, there were veggie pizza options and while it took a bit for it to arrive, it was truly delicious. Thin, crispy, and *not* swimming in grease and oil -of UTMOST importance to me. I don't really eat pizza because most all is greasy/oily/gross, but not this one. I'd suggest adding a bit more sauce, since it was a tad dry, but it didn't take away from the delicious taste of oregano in the crust. Huge slices, too. It was pricey at appx. $24+ for one add'l topping & 2 sodas, but no regrets here. My teen loved it!

• Visited August 2012